HS 146.

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: HS 146.

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Ben, couple of screenshots from today, flying from Heathrow to Glasgow. Now have a few questions regarding the HS146 and that is:

1. Selected dark and cold but always find once initiated that there are still warning lights on the overhead on, battery 1 and 2 switches right above are on and cannot be turned off equally, strobes and beacon lights permanently on landing lights unable to switch on or off. Is this normal? :dunno:

2. AP on occasions comes out of either ALT HOLD and even VL sometimes goes off equally, on auto approach it loses the glide slope so have to disconnect AP and continue manually, not all the time though. The VC10 used to lose the AP at times in real life so did the 146 do the same?

Sun-visors found!!

F/L200 en-route to Glasgow

Out of the murk and ILS glide slope lost, manual control taken after screenshot.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Not normal that Nigel. Cold and dark is just that. Everything is off. Only light showing for me is external power (assuming it's connected on the cockpit ipad). Even if you were in say, ready to taxi, everything is still switchable, batteries, lights etc. Sounds like there's something wrong with your install
I sometimes get AP dropping out on various aircraft. Think it's to do with sudden wind shifts on the simulator (live weather). Loosing the glide slope is generally approach speed decaying or accelerating on decent. Try to keep it on the numbers all the way down.
Nice shots though :thumbsup:
Dale
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Nigel,

Like Dale, my cold and dark, is everything completely off, which is a pain in the ass if you parking spot is dark and your trying to find the entry light :worried:

I've lost the AP a couple of times, but I've usually knocked against the stick or haven't been paying attention to the airspeed and the stick shaker kicks in to warm me of the impending stall.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Nigel,

Great screenshotss!!

Looks like everybody is going to fly BAE146/AVRO RJ jets now!! Oh yes I am guilty of that too considering the fact I flew few flights this month too around Canada!!

The rear tail brake flaps ARE fun to see!!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Not normal that Nigel. Cold and dark is just that. Everything is off. Only light showing for me is external power (assuming it's connected on the cockpit ipad). Even if you were in say, ready to taxi, everything is still switchable, batteries, lights etc. Sounds like there's something wrong with your install
I sometimes get AP dropping out on various aircraft. Think it's to do with sudden wind shifts on the simulator (live weather). Loosing the glide slope is generally approach speed decaying or accelerating on decent. Try to keep it on the numbers all the way down.
Nice shots though :thumbsup:
Dale
Hi Dale, I wonder whether or not prior to the install there were 2 updates in the download and cannot remember what they were, could it have been they did not install properly as have re0installed the 146 a number of times. Will try the AP Approach again in 2 days as busy tomorrow.
Hi Nigel,

Like Dale, my cold and dark, is everything completely off, which is a pain in the ass if you parking spot is dark and your trying to find the entry light :worried:

I've lost the AP a couple of times, but I've usually knocked against the stick or haven't been paying attention to the airspeed and the stick shaker kicks in to warm me of the impending stall.
Hi Ben, going to try another install in 2 days and see what happens, if it remains the same will have to ask for help from Just Flight, will keep you informed.
Nigel,

Great screenshotss!!

Looks like everybody is going to fly BAE146/AVRO RJ jets now!! Oh yes I am guilty of that too considering the fact I flew few flights this month too around Canada!!

The rear tail brake flaps ARE fun to see!!!!

Regards,

Aharon
Thanks for your kind words Aharon, it is a brilliant a/c to fly and my favourite but just wait until Just Flight release their Fokker F28 now that should be a great aircraft, can't help thinking if Fokker copied the design of the BAC 1-11? or was it the other way round!! :dunno:

Regards
Nigel.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

:excited: No need to ask but if you really want to know I spent half an hour going through where all the Just Flight Folders for the 146 were and deleted them manually, as mentioned previously, I had uninstalled and re-installed the aircraft a couple of times without success of being able to start Cold & Dark. As soon as I felt all the folders were deleted I started MS and the a/c was no longer in the sim.

Downloaded and started the install and as usual it gave options so went with the uninstall just in case anything was left behind. Started MS and went to load up the 146, this time it worked - Cold & Dark cockpit. Tomorrow will see me enjoying it even more!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Nice one Nigel. :thumbsup:
Its known the just flight 146 isn't rock solid on holding the glide slope, and not having autothrottle, only adds to the error, when starting to drift high or low. The autopilot just can't cope when the deviation comes too great.
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Dale :hello: Many thanks for clarifying that the 146 is not rock solid on the glide, something that I thought might have been an anomaly rather like that of the VC10 AP.

Just relieved that it is all back to what it should be when starting cold and dark, many thanks again.

Regards
Nigel.