New F1 pre season testing

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

New F1 pre season testing

Post by TSR2 »

I’ve been keeping an eye on the pre season testing yesterday and today and have been really delighted with how competitive Aston Martin, and more so, Williams have been.

I know testing is little more than a finger in the air, but both teams seem to have made a lot of progress. Here’s hoping it’s a competitive season :excited:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: New F1 pre season testing

Post by Vc Ten »

I used to really look forward to the coming season and follow it quite avidly. Even a few visits to British GP. But since its been pay to view. I've lost most of the interest :(
Dale
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

We watch the highlights on channel 4 which are pretty good.

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Yes we watch most of the replays on C4, sometimes not knowing the actual outcome beforehand.
Tried several times to circumvent the paywall German sports channel could be picked up on astra satellite (not sure which one) but now Sky have that locked down. I believe There are a few non encryption channels serving Middle East, but you would need some fancy dish, and receiver to pull that in.
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I avoid at all costs news of the GP after it has finished then go to YouTube to watch the highlights, that way if needed I can rewind the bits I want to look at again. :Dance:

Just want to see a new F1 driver crowned this year and definitively not Max Verstappen, cannot stand the guy, his driving and temperament needs to be kept in check this time round.

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

Since Liberty Media took over F1 I have pretty much lost interest. We had the Mercedes/Hamilton domination which frankly became very tedious, now Max/Red Bull are the top dogs. Maybe if someone else got a look-in I might watch more events, but I doubt it.

These days I watch Aussie Supercars for my four wheel racing fix.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I used to love watching the Bathurst 1000 when I was a kid. I’m hopeful there will be a bit of a mix this year. Aston Martin, Mercedes and Ferrari all look fairly close and I think they’ll take wins between them. I guess we’ll have to see.

ImageImageImage