Expensive Payware Planes For FREEEEE

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Expensive Payware Planes For FREEEEE

Post by Aharon »

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I am having hard time to believe but there are many FREE payware planes at this hyperlink by Minzi:

https://blackbirdsims.com/flight/freebies.php

I am downloading expensive payware 732 for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Regards,

Aharon

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Expensive Payware Planes For FREEEEE

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Aharon.
I was a bit worried at first, until I found that MilViz have changed their name to Blackbird.

I was also a little miffed to see that several which I had previously paid for, are now free.

Unfortunately for me, a couple of desirables aren't FSX; I may try the P3D version and see if that works.

Thanks for the HU on this ;)

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Ditto on that Mike :lol:

Court Line Flyer
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Court Line Flyer »

Thanks for the heads-up Aharon. I was excited to download the B737 - I liked the look of the gravel kit and rear intergal stairs so wanted to buy it years ago, but couldn't justify having the Milviz and Captainsim versions. I also downloaded the King Air.

The old adage "if it seems to be too good to be true...." certainly applies here :'(

Loading the B737 causes a CTD every time, and whilst I managed to get the King Air flying, there are nearly 200 missing cockpit sounds, panels that won't display and flaps which won't budge.

If anyone has better luck, please let me know!?

Happy weekend and TTFN,

Karl

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Ooh 'eck, I've spent the day downloadng everything for FSX but I've yet to test anything. I hope it's not been a wasted effort! :hide:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

From my place, it's been hit & miss.
Took the Otter (6Gb :-O ) out for a while last night, and although it was slow to load on my system, once it got going, it seemed to work fine.
It said it would install FSX + FSXSE side by side, but I had to do it twice to get it into each.
The Vought Corsair is supposed to be for P3D, and though it said it installed to FSX, it doesn't appear in FSX.
The Twin Comanche installed, and is in the file list, but doesn't appear in FSX :wall: It also was named MV Twinkie, making it harder to locate. It's shown to be for FSX and P3D, but the installation box only offers P3D :dunno:
The Cessna Bobcat failed to install about 20+ panel sounds, but otherwise appears to fly OK. it's POSSIBLE that the panel sounds relate to the weather radar/GPS options, which I MAY not have ticked in the setup, and were thus deemed not needed.
Mixed reaction, good luck everybody.
I'm going to delve into it more.
EDIT
The Comanche actually does appear in the list of aircraft when selecting "Change Aircraft". Despite the splashscreen title, and the "MV Twinkie" mentioned above, it is listed as "Piper Piston Twin." Why? You tell me.
Anyway, TOUGH! Because when selected, I'm told that it cannot be displayed. Then FSX crashes and re-starts. :'(
2nd EDIT
Told Malwarebytes not to interfere with the air or cfg files for the Comanche, made no difference.

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

Further posts at the outhouse provide a link to the old Milviz forums. A root round there can find the PC6 and the Huey for FSX - maybe others.

I found one link that seemed to be an older download for the Twin Comanche for FSX but the model does not show up. At least the B55 works fine in FSX!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

AllanL wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 17:16
Further posts at the outhouse provide a link to the old Milviz forums. A root round there can find the PC6 and the Huey for FSX - maybe others.

I found one link that seemed to be an older download for the Twin Comanche for FSX but the model does not show up. At least the B55 works fine in FSX!
Thanks for the HU Allan, I'll take a look. :thumbsup:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

The only link which I found asked US$19.99 or similar, but it did specify that it included the FSX installer.
Would have been good for free, but at current conversion rates, I'll live without it.