Aerosoft Twin Otter for MS2020

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Aerosoft Twin Otter for MS2020

Post by Nigel H-J »

I have been looking for a light twin a/c for MS2020, have been looking at the AerosoftTwin Otter which is on sale until the end of March for 25.16 Euro instead of the normal price of 35.94 Euro. Secondly, the Black Box Islander V2.XX :dunno:

Does any-one have the Otter or Islander? They both seemed to have about the same performance (speed) nice and slow for low flying. What are your thoughts? Which one would give more pleasure?

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Aerosoft Twin Otter for MS2020

Post by TSR2 »

I’m a big fan of the BN2, loads of repaints, and its great fun to fly. Its my go to (until the Sheds come).
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I only have the Bn2 Nigel. Suppose I intended to get the Twin Otter but never got round to it.
The Bn2 is great at, as you say low and slow and it makes a nice change from the tube liners I usually fly. Well supported with regular updates. I know there were issues with the Twin Otter when it was first released and it took a bit of arm twisting for Aerosoft to recognise (I think sounds were one issue) Not sure how it stands now.
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I've got both. The Twotter still had it's issues, but it's not as bad as some people say. Not very deep systems simulation, mostly default stuff. The Islander is head and shoulders above the Twotter though, much deeper systems and nicer flight model.
Dave G.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Many thanks for your comments Dave, I have noticed that there are 2 different Islanders one of which is from Just Flight and the other Black Box. Would I be correct in thinking that the Black Box version is the better of the two?

From your writing of the Twotter, I think I will prefer the Islander from what you have written.

Regards
Nigel.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

The JustFlight one is FSX I think Nigel. 🤔
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

You are quite right Ben, I did not look close enough so the Black Box Version is the one to get!! :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.