Black Box Islander Continuous Shaking

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Black Box Islander Continuous Shaking

Post by Nigel H-J »

Very impressed with the Black Box Islander apart from one really annoying thing, once over 115 kts there is very bad shaking of the aircraft, when I reduce speed to below 115kts it flies without any shaking at all.

Any ideas or do I have to keep the speed low?

Regards
Nigel
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Black Box Islander Continuous Shaking

Post by TSR2 »

I was flying it last night and didn’t notice, but I’ll try again tonight. I know all the fast jets suffer from a strange yaw oscillation but thats quite a lot faster than the BN2😁
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Ben, tried it again and it gets so bad that it is unflyable. Reduce the speed down below 115 kts then it stops. Cannot think what the hell it is, as it shakes there are noises in the aircraft as though things are loose and rattling around.

Going to keep looking if I can find anything to throw some light on this.

Regards
Nigel.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Ben, I feel a right chump now :doh: A thought suddenly occurred to me and that was FS Realistic that I run in MS2020, it appears that this software reacts in some way to the Islander and increases the movements of such things as prop wash etc. After deselecting all of the items associated with g-forces, prop wash etc. the shaking stopped and flies perfectly.

I still have settings active such as movement on take-off and touch down which keeps the realism alive. Just annoyed at myself for not realising that it was just one or two items in FS Realistic that was causing too much shaking over a certain speed. So tomorrow I will actually get to fly her properly.

Regards
Nigel.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Ah! That would explain it. Glad you got it sorted Nigel. The BlackBox Sheds are coming soon... 360, 3-30 and Sherpa A, B and C... They're definately on the list. :excited:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

It might be due to a low setting in the .air file for Vne - at least true for FS9 & FSX. 115 seems low for flaps up, probably OK flaps down.
Keith

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Ah! That would explain it. Glad you got it sorted Nigel. The BlackBox Sheds are coming soon... 360, 3-30 and Sherpa A, B and C... They're definately on the list. :excited:
Well, those a/c along with the forthcoming Fokker 28 will keep you well occupied this year!! :lol:
It might be due to a low setting in the .air file for Vne - at least true for FS9 & FSX. 115 seems low for flaps up, probably OK flaps down.
Keith
Hi Keith, not sure about the .air file for vne will have to look that up but as for the actual shaking and trying out some more settings in FS Realistic, it does point to that software though this is the first time I have come across this sort of problem.

Regards
Nigel

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

115kts is pretty much flat out for an Islander. :lol:
Dave G.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

That bad is it? :doh: :lol: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

There is a Mmo value in the .air file & a Vne value in the aircraft.cfg. Also damage speeds for flaps. I presume MSFS has similar files to FS9/FSX as I have not got that far having computer problems with Gmax after a M$ update!!!
Keith