330 and or Sherpa routes?

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: 330 and or Sherpa routes?

Post by Vc Ten »

All Pete's suggested routes have been entered into the VA I've put them in as cargo routes. I would suggest we convert 3 of the 6 360's we have to freight variant, and purchase a couple of 330s, one of which we can again convert to freighter.
I would think the 360 will be more popular. Maybe get another two 330 if I'm wrong??
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I think you're right Dale. Lets give that a go and see how it looks. :Dance:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Sorry for my late response, I just started a new job and have been a bit distracted.

Adding a few more shorts sounds like a great idea, I have purchased us a couple 330's and a couple 360F's, have not yet researched registrations for them.

Should we get some Sherpa's? As the military variant of the 330 I am not sure, of course we do have the HS780 which is also military so there is precedence. in FSA the 330 can be configured as a freighter by removing the seats in the seat configuration, so that should work for us.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Joe,

Hope the new job is goo going well. From what I can gather there were no Sherpas on the civil register anywhere until the US Army got rid of theirs a couple of years ago, and these would have been equipped with the modern avionics. I think some went to the Philippines, and the US Forestry service? I think if we stick with the 360 and 330 pax and Freighters for now we’ll be well covered. Still lots on the US register, looks like mostly in the West, Hawaii and the Caribbean. By all accounts they’re easy to maintain, and crucially so are the engines.
Cheers 👍😊

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I've added the sh330 into the Sh360 routes, and the 360F has its own routes suggested by Pete. The two 330 airframes have materialised some distance away. Might make for a couple of interesting ferry flights :lol:
We also have an Atr 42 600 to match the recently released Asobo model for msfs. I have created the 1995 BA Cityflyer express routes out of gatwick. It's was my intention to create the scheduled services for Loganair, but we would need a few more airframes. Base one or two in Glasgow /Edinburgh and maybe another Lerwick. Depends on the interest for it really.
Dale.
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Great stuff Dale, I’ll get ferrying. Thanks to both you and Joe. (As an aside, the ICAO code for the 360 and 330 is wrong in FSA, but lets leave that for another time) 😂

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I'll give you full ratings on the 330 Ben. There's no separate Tr's for the aircraft anyhow.
I guess it would be easiest just the use the charter facility to ferry the aircrafts home. Would be a pain to setup routes from where they are currently. I take it we all have access to be able to charter??
Dale
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Thats a good point Dale. I’ve no idea. I’ll check when I get home.

ImageImageImage

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

TSR2 wrote:
16 May 2023, 13:37
Great stuff Dale, I’ll get ferrying. Thanks to both you and Joe. (As an aside, the ICAO code for the 360 and 330 is wrong in FSA, but lets leave that for another time) 😂
I just compared the ICAO codes on FSA and here https://www.icao.int/publications/doc86 ... earch.aspx and it looks like they are the same.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

You’re of course right Joe. I’m the one getting the ICAO code mixed up with the manufacturer model number 😳

Sorry for all the confusion

ImageImageImage