Problem with HJG Jetliners in FS9

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Problem with HJG Jetliners in FS9

Post by paul26may »

After many years without any real issues I have today uploaded the Tristar along with all the relevant panels and gauges etc but they are not showing up in the sim. As a test I've also uploaded the HJG CV990 and the same problems arise. Can't think what can be causing this and it's not like I'm new and perhaps making a basic mistake, or am I?

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Problem with HJG Jetliners in FS9

Post by Aharon »

paul26may wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 20:13
After many years without any real issues I have today uploaded the Tristar along with all the relevant panels and gauges etc but they are not showing up in the sim. As a test I've also uploaded the HJG CV990 and the same problems arise. Can't think what can be causing this and it's not like I'm new and perhaps making a basic mistake, or am I?
Why not venture to HJG forums where they offer free technical support? I would guess it would be incorrect installation methods.
When you ask the HJG forums for tech support, be sure to specify Windows operating system and tell them how you downloaded and installed the two mentioned aircrafts. Could be wrong installation process or wrong panel or improper written aircraft.cfg.

Regards,

Aharon

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

paul26may wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 20:13
Daft one Paul, but are you extracting the zip file first, and then copying the folders to your FS9 installation? Which tool are you using to extract the files?

Another thought from left field, MSFS had problems a while back during the decompressing steps (background unzipping) and it was to do with firmware on Samsung SSD’s, so might be worth checking the firmware on any SSD’s you may have and trying the unzipping again.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

Thanks Ben, I'll take a look.

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

Just spotted this "PAUL26MAY".

Really need you to trip over to the HJG forum and post there in order to "try to" sort this out for you .... since that's where all of our support resourcing's located.

Need you to tell us (over there) "specifically which individual files you've been trying to install" (that's the key to most issues), which FS version you're using, and "precisely what you've done" (the other key to most issues) .... possibly even to the extent of copying & pasting the FLTSIM.XX data from CFG's for the files you've been trying to install.

I can say there's no known issues associated with either the CV990's or L-1011's, so, whatever causing your issue's (since it's happening with two separate simulations) is likely to be the result of an "innocent" misunderstanding in respect of installation protocols or possibly miss-match in regard to base pack, texture, panel, and sound files.

Considering you're experiencing the very same issue in regard to the installation of 2 entirely different simulations I'll hazard a guess and say you may have "a valid folder still continued within a containing folder" from the downloaded ZIP file. In such a case (and it "does/can" happen) FS will be unable to recognize and display what you're trying to install.

Again .... need to do this but on the HJG forum please .... for the above states reasoning ;)

It can be little awkward trying to provide support on other/jumping between forums

Give my request some consideration ... and we'll see we can get you up and flying.

HJG usually resolve more than 90% of reported issues.

Mark C
AKL/NZ
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !