MSFS new version announced

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

MSFS new version announced

Post by TSR2 »

Hi chaps,

Incase you missed it a nee version of MSFS has been announced.

MSFS2024 will be a new version all together. Its not yet clear about upgrade or compatibility options.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?embeds_refe ... 3xp-SnZDoY
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: MSFS new version announced

Post by DaveG »

I'm 99% sure most of those aircraft featured are existing 3rd party add-ons. I notice the A10 has the spotlight instead of the gun as per the one currently available, so I'm assuming it is one and the same.
Be interesting to see how they price it *-)
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

My thoughts are that if existing addons are compatible (or can be easily made compatible) it’s fine. 3.5 years of MSFS for £100 or whatever it was isn’t bad. If we get another 3.5 years or so for a similar investment we can’t really complain. I think P3D was about £50 a time and some times that was yearly.

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

A full update here including compatibility and upgrade info…

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microso ... -2024-faq/

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Perhaps they should have released that statement at the same time as the original announcement.
Would have stopped an awful lot of postings :lol:
Be interesting what the pricing structure will be. Can't say I'm bothered about the missions side of thing and I'm more than happy the way 2020 is performing at the moment. But if 2024 is a further step up with seasons, better coastlines etc then I'd be up for it. Wonder how further 2020 will now be developed and if it receives some of the promised 2024 goodies *-)
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Now that is interesting!! I think that it will be very likely that when 2024 version comes out then it will be chargeable, after flying 2020 for some time I would only be too pleased to pay out for a sim that will progress in way of improvements, after all and so far MS2020 is relying on income on through purchases and at some point will need more revenue in which to continue to move forward.

I can honestly say that I am really happy with MS and although having purchased X-Plane 12 I do not now use it but keep V11 for flying my collection.

I wonder in that film clip they will call that helicopter of the future, The Dragon Fly so similar!! :lol:

I do also hope that developers do not face too much of a problem regarding backward compatibility or even take advantage as some have done with X-Plane 12 whereby instead of being made to work in the new sim which had backward compatibility, have actually been developed as new so the older versions may not work properly in V12 which I have found. Hence my reason for now staying with V11 and using MS more often.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Released one hour ago and gawd knows why X-Plane crew are shown at beginning!! :dunno:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkdZLb2z_f8

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Just discovered that LM have issued their latest update: P3D 5.4. Just a bit over 30GB download so won't have a chance to use it until the morrow at earliest.

ATB

Allan

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Hi Allan, how did you get on with 5.4? I haven't used P3D in quite a while but as I continue to have CTDs in MSFS I'm thinking of reinstalling it.

Cheers,
Chris

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Hi Chris,

Well I dutifully bought P3 v6. Everything was painless, I even managed to get my orbx library to work!

I'm not sure what has improved with this itineration, graphics are - maybe - a tad better but I think that a lot of the updates are to workings and thus beyond me.

Personally I still have the same problem as before in FSX and all the P3D marks - and that is the 'has stopped working' box that comes up after descending into visual ground effects where the graphics change from a grey/brown/green sludge to actual fields/towns etc. It is a problem I have learned to live with as I cannot find a solution anywhere. It can take up to 15 minutes before the flight continues.

Does not occur on any other flight sim so I guess it is processor related.

So, was the upgrade worth the money? Yes I think so. Was it rushed out? Yes, 2 updates issued in the first 20 days proves that.

Hope the above helps.

Allan