GRASS MONKEY SIMULATIONS

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

GRASS MONKEY SIMULATIONS

Post by Silversim »

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is in the right place to post, *-) but I'm seriously considering purchasing the following based on the good reports I've read on YouTube, and the website itself....

https://grassmonkeysimulations.com/prod ... ir-bundle/

Has anyone purchased? and if so, what are your considered opinions before I invest a big chunk of my meagre pension ;)

I had researched Track IR 5 by Natural Point, but it seems to be out of stock everywhere!! and a lot of the adverts around the £100 mark are (I think) cheap Chinese "knock offs" :S

Thank you.

Gina
It's so nice to be insane, nobody asks you to explain.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: GRASS MONKEY SIMULATIONS

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Gina,
Haven't ventured into VR, though I've been keen on the idea for blooming years.
This one sounds cheap by comparison*.
Appears to be American (LLC), so I'm thinking the price may* be US$, which ups it a fair whack.
I've adopted the "you only live once" approach in my later years.
You've piqued my interest, but as I'm currently up to my ears in a 3D printer upgrade, it'll go on the back burner for a bit.
If you get it, do let us know how it went ;)

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

Airspeed wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 03:50
Hi Gina,
Appears to be American (LLC), so I'm thinking the price may* be US$, which ups it a fair whack.
You've piqued my interest, but as I'm currently up to my ears in a 3D printer upgrade, it'll go on the back burner for a bit.
Hi Mike,

Yes it's definitely made/supplied from the USA, the guy who set it up originally seems genuine, and a couple of the reports I've seen are by UK simmers so the price of US$115(+shipping) seems reasonable...just over £100, compared to TrackIR 5.

I think I'll go for it!! and report back when I've got it up and running....I'm not very good tech wise😉, so it will be interesting to see if it does work as well "out of the box" as claimed.

Gina

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Good luck, Gina, glad for you! :thumbsup:

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

Silversim wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 06:44
Airspeed wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 03:50
Hi Gina,
Hi Mike,

Yes it's definitely made/supplied from the USA, the guy who set it up originally seems genuine, and a couple of the reports I've seen are by UK simmers so the price of US$115(+shipping) seems reasonable...just over £100, compared to TrackIR 5.

I think I'll go for it!! and report back when I've got it up and running....I'm not very good tech wise😉, so it will be interesting to see if it does work as well "out of the box" as claimed.

Gina
Update....ordered the 60Hz version at only $84.95, and with shipping by USPS($32) to UK my flexible friend has only been charged £86.14 :) Shipped yesterday and already showing on Royal Mail tracking.

Fingers crossed HMRC don't get their sticky mits on it at the border ;)

Gina