is This Package Good And Legit?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Re: is This Package Good And Legit?

Post by Aharon »

VC Ten,

Thanks for answer. I thought CBFsim hosts all British commerical airline and military planes.

Is Simshed good?? Is it British company?

Regards,

Aharon

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

SimShed was run by Brian Franklin, who is a member here. He and his team did quite a few aircraft for FSX and FS9 which were very good. I really liked the Nimrod as it contained almost all version of the aircraft and it was great fun flying low trying to find AI ships. Another favourite of mine was the Shorts Tucano.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

TSR2,

Thank you for your favorable and positive review of Simshed Nimod. I never knew about this company and did not even know that the owner of this company is regular forum member here!!

Regards,

Aharon

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

Hi Aharon

Sadly Simshed is no more but as stated I did release all my models to any developers that wanted them so it probably is a derivative of mine. However after several years R&R I have decided to get back into the game with MSFS2020 (we'll see what MSFS2024 brings) and am using the Nimrod as a learning project so it's my intention to release it freeware on completion before moving on to other projects. Glad the old girl is still alive and giving pleasure after all this time.

Brian Franklin

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

Brian Franklin wrote:
16 Aug 2023, 08:06
Hi Aharon

Sadly Simshed is no more but as stated I did release all my models to any developers that wanted them so it probably is a derivative of mine. However after several years R&R I have decided to get back into the game with MSFS2020 (we'll see what MSFS2024 brings) and am using the Nimrod as a learning project so it's my intention to release it freeware on completion before moving on to other projects. Glad the old girl is still alive and giving pleasure after all this time.

Brian Franklin
Ohhhh Brian, your Nimrod in MSFS...that would be something else :fly: ....I fondly remember doing sorties out of St. Mawgan down to Gib B-) in FS9....happy days :)

Gina
It's so nice to be insane, nobody asks you to explain.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

:excited:
That will make my Day Brian 👍
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

Taken some getting used to using Blender instead of FSDS but its getting there. I'm intending it to include a full interior set of crew stations. Already got several of them done. Having just had a look at the basic A320 model in Blender though I'm going to have to up my game a bit!

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Brian Franklin wrote:
16 Aug 2023, 08:06
Shalom Brian,

Thank you for your kind reply and nice to meet you on the CBFsim forums. It is quite an honor to meet you being the developer and inventor of Nimrod model base.

Because you just stated that you have decided to return back to wonderful world of flight simming as well as back to CBFsim, I feel more encouraged and brave to try to install your wonderful Nimrod package into my FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 with hopes that you would be around here on the forums to give me advice in event I have any problem with Nimrod.

Once again, nice to meet you here.

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Silversim wrote:
16 Aug 2023, 09:43
I fondly remember doing sorties out of St. Mawgan down to Gib B-) in FS9....happy days :)
Ms. Gina,

How many hours is that flight, please?

Regards,

Aharon