Rudder Pedals

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Rudder Pedals

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi chaps, have been using my car racing pedals for rudders for quite some time and now in a position to buy one of two rudders that I have seen and wonder whether any of you might have one or the other.

1) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-T ... th=1&psc=1

2)https://www.overclockers.co.uk/logitech ... gK7t_D_BwE

It appears that my 2nd selection does take time for delivery, around six weeks or so.

Any comments welcome.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Rudder Pedals

Post by Brian Franklin »

Hi Nigel

I've got the Saitek/Logitech ones and have had them since 2008 - they work very well but after a long hard life mine have lost the toe-brake springiness so I'll be replacing them soon with exactly the same thing

Brian

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I've got the Thrustmaster set. They're ok, but to be honest I wouldn't recommend them. Maybe just me, but I find them quite awkward to use if breaking and operating the rudder at the same time. They are quite compact, which is one of the reasons I got them as I didn't have much under desk space at the time. I'll probably replace them with something better at some point
Dave G.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

CH Products yoke and pedals for me.
Bought both second hand about ten years back.
All buttons and the toe brakes still working well, though they've hardly been used in combat sims, so I'm quite gentle with them. :)

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

My Saitek pedals are working fine, what, 12 years on. Perhaps I shouldn't have said that (touch wood) :lol:
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Many thanks for your replies, Mike I still have CH Throttle Quadrant that I bought around 20 years ago and still going strong though I tend to use the switches for radio navigation and tower frequencies and the levers (whilst I do not yet have rudders) 2 set for brakes one for left and other for right brake then the other 4 for carb heater (s) and nose wheel steering. So you can imagine that at times my brain fogs up somewhat :lol:

Many thanks to all, I am still deciding on which to buy though it does seem to be number 2 the Logitech Rudders. Seems like they are popular as it is pre-order so may buy from Overclockers as they are quite reliable.

Have seen one set at £130 and i nstock though looks to be an older version which I will skip.

Again, very many thanks.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.