Missing Manuals

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Missing Manuals

Post by Aharon »

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

If it is NOT illegal and NOT against copyright laws, can any of you please be kind enough to send me the David Maltby manuals for BC 1-11 and Trident, please considering the fact that DM website is closed and gone and I cannot find such manuals on the Internet.

Thank you for any assistance any of you might provide.

Regards,

Aharon

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Missing Manuals

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Aharon As you are aware HJG now host David Maltby's aircraft, which I guess is where you downloaded them from. Provided the file structure is as original, the manuals are located in the folder DMFS shared files.
The manuals are easily available from HJG webpages, here is the Trident. https://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thre ... ent-manual
Let you find the 1-11
Dale
Image Image Image

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Vc Ten wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 23:09
Hi Aharon As you are aware HJG now host David Maltby's aircraft, which I guess is where you downloaded them from.
I actually downloaded BAC 1-11 and Trident packages from DM website years ago and I just added new panels from HJG to the two packges
Vc Ten wrote:
Provided the file structure is as original, the manuals are located in the folder DMFS shared files.

Thanks!! I thought the DMFS shared files are only for panel stuff. DId not realized it contained manuals too!!
Vc Ten wrote:
Let you find the 1-11
Yes I found the manuals and unfortunately the graphic pictures are missing from the manuals.

Also I have no problems with all gauges working well in the awesome BAC 1-11 panel but I have one problem with this cabin pressurization gauge. It says:

Cabin Alt to Baro Pressure

Used to regulate cabin altitude (cabin pressure).
The 'A' knob on the left selects the required cabin altitude selectable from -2000 to +9000 ft.
The 'R' knob on the right selects the rate at which cabin altitude is altered (between 150 & 1000 ft/min)
The knob in the middle adjusts the reference pointer at the top. Set it to 'current pressure' in inches of Mercury

While I tested all gauges and their functions, all work well except the "R" knob for specific gauge mentioned above. While I can see the bubble window telling me the mouse indication for negative or positive for "R" knob, it does NOT tell me the number of feet per minute. I can used "A' knob to set to 8,000 ft but the "R" knob does not tell me number of feet per minute therefore I have no way of knowing if I set my desired 500 ft/min as it does not tell me the number via bubble window.

Regards,

Aharon

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Aharon

This fell Bjorn at https://sites.google.com/site/fsxstuffb ... s/bac-1-11 claims to have improved upon DM's basic 1-11. As to the claim I have no idea but you may enjoy finding oout. Also he has a number of other aircraft he has tinkered with.
Alex

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Vancouver wrote:
25 Sep 2023, 07:15
This fell Bjorn at https://sites.google.com/site/fsxstuffb ... s/bac-1-11 claims to have improved upon DM's basic 1-11. As to the claim I have no idea but you may enjoy finding oout. Also he has a number of other aircraft he has tinkered with.
Thanks, Vancouver

I have heard of that person and his modifications for many planes. However, I am very satisfied with David Maltby BAC 1-11 downloaded from DM website and I got from HJG download center BAC 1-11's realistic panel by both David Maltby and HJG.

The only problem I have is from one of gauges as mentioned and described above.

I think I will download Bjorn's BC 1-11 for the sole purpose of looking for manuals in hope he has better manual with better explanations on gauges. If not, I need help with one gauge.

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Somebody gave me the answer as seen below that I wish wish wish it would be in the BAC 1-11 manuals:

The "R" knob only has a mouse tip for + or -

1 Set desired cabin altitude FIRST

2 ensure safety valve is CLOSED

3. look at the little cabin VSI gauge to the lower right as you click on the "R" rate knob (+ for climbing) to set the rate of cabin climb; the vsi needle should move as you click on the "R" knob

That poses a new question I want 2,000 ft per minute climb after take off. Will the cabin altitude setting to 500 ft per minute affect my desired climb rate after take off or is it separate function?

Regards,

Aharon

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Cabin climb rate and aircraft climb rate are two entirely separate functions, they do not impact upon each other.

That is the whole purpose of pressurisation.
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

adysmith wrote:
28 Sep 2023, 09:57
Cabin climb rate and aircraft climb rate are two entirely separate functions, they do not impact upon each other. That is the whole purpose of pressurisation.
Great to hear that. Thanks for the answer

Regards,

Aharon