Microsoft Update 14

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Bridon Bear
The Ministry

Microsoft Update 14

Post by Bridon Bear »

MSFS Update 14 is out and although it was a hefty download at over 6gb, I got mine down and installed today without any problems. I was going to wait a couple of days in case M$ was overloaded with downloaders today but when I opened the sim, it nagged me straight away so I pressed on and got it done.

Seeing all the advice on various outlets, I renamed the 'Community' folder first to 'Community.old' as a precaution then when it was all installed I did a quick flight, closed the sim and removed the new 'Community' folder the update had created and renamed the original back to just 'Community' and all is well. ;)

'Only Birds and Fools Fly'

http://thethriftysquirrels.co.uk

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Microsoft Update 14

Post by Vc Ten »

Might update tomorrow. Took ages to update 13, the forums say 14 is no better. I just pull the community folder out, to the root of the drive. The sim will create a new empty community folder on startup. I let the update install, then go fly in a default a/c at a default airport. Shut down and drag the original community folder back into the sim, merging with the newly created folder. Then restart and load up an addon a/c, at an addon airport. If all OK then voilà it's done.
Dale
Image Image Image

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

Done and dusted in about 20 mins. yesterday, contents of the community file moved for the duration, no problems so far ;) ....except it doesn't seem to have cured all the problems in Burning Blue Designs sceneries, which is a shame as I'm a great lover of them. Compton Abbas now OK, not so for Popham :S Hoping to check more later :)

Gina
It's so nice to be insane, nobody asks you to explain.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I started downloading at 16.15 on Wednesday, the download speed ran between 0.15 mps to 0.00 mps :rant: by 1915hrs I shut down the computer, started it next day and burger me, it only took a few minutes to finish :doh:
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Bridon Bear
The Ministry

Post by Bridon Bear »

Blimey Nigel...those download speeds sounded atrocious...I was lucky I was getting 60mbps dropping occasionally to 2.4mbps but speeds soon picked up again and I reckon it all took just under 30 minutes. :cpu:

First update for me as I have not had MSFS that long and it was up to date when I installed it of course so it was the first update required for me.

There was a slight concern after reading all the problems that some had with updates previous to this one but I was pleasantly surprised in the end. :)

'Only Birds and Fools Fly'

http://thethriftysquirrels.co.uk