Anyone simulates scenarios with the Cold War gone hot?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blueaircraft
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Anyone simulates scenarios with the Cold War gone hot?

Post by blueaircraft »

Merry Christmas and a happy forthcoming New Year to everyone here!

I'm looking to simulate flights and whatnot, particularly what the United Kingdom's Bomber Command Main Force may have done in a late 50s' "Hot War" (yes, I know the late 50's tensions in the Cold War were generally not that bad as say, 1962). I'm aiming to fly the Vickers Valiant in particular, and I am wondering if the now freeware Alphasim Valiant B1 is good for flying (as many years have passed and I do not know if there are better Valiant models around). I'm also looking for updated sounds (the Alphasim model uses only the default Learjet sounds) and perhaps an updated panel and FD. Sounds are first because I understand panels and FD as being harder to accurately simulate. I'm also looking for good nuclear explosion effects, and I believe that there are some around as even from a review article from 2004 states that, "nuclear weapon burst effects for FS2004 are available from popular freeware download sites for those who feel the urge to make the Cold War hot." The chaps at HJG said that this community would be a good environment for an answer :poke:

Regards,
Andrew