FS9 AI Traffic for the 1970's.

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

FS9 AI Traffic for the 1970's.

Post by paul26may »

Having been set up for EGCC 1962 and using Tom Gibson's Classic Traffic files for a number of years I've decided to have a change and move up to the 70's. Does anyone know where I can get the appropriate aircraft and traffic files? Any help would be much appreciated.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: FS9 AI Traffic for the 1970's.

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Paul,

I don't think there was a set as such done for the 70's in the same way as Tom's. I had some BA / BOAC ones that I made up from the timetables that were originally used on the VA. Are there any areas in particular you are looking into? I don't know if I still have them but I'll take a look. As for aircraft models I mostly used Dave Maltby's AI pack and then used AIFP by Don (RIP) which is now available here https://www.owlsnest.eu/donuser.php

I'll try and get some time over the weekend to dig out what I still have. I'm actually contemplating reinstalling FS9. Are you running it on Windows 11?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

Thank you Ben. That's most kind of you. I'm running it on Windows 10 and it seems fine.
I've always enjoyed FS ACOF more than FSX for some reason and would love to have a go at a more advanced program but I'm just into the classic stuff and not sure there's anything better than FS9 for what I want. Would love to be proved wrong.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

To be honest, MSFS is very good, but it just dismays me when you see something like Dave's Hunter being released, or the Shorts SD3XX and all of these coments on the forums asking if a GNS750 (or insert modern FMC number) can be added. Nobody wants to learn how to do it without loading a simbrief file in and clicking go. Despite how good it is, there just seems to be the vast majority flying tubeliners on autopilot.

ImageImageImage

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

There is famous website offering era 1970s AI traffic. I forgot the name of the website.

Ahhhhh Ahhhhh it is coming to my mind now

Here are 2 websites that you can find AI traffic for era 1970s for FS9:

https://retroai.proboards.com/

http://www.simlivery.com/

http://www.simlivery.com/AI/

Regards,

Aharon

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

My FS9 is set at 1967 and I have produced a lot of flight plans for that date and thereabouts. And some for other dates for reasons I can't remember. Have a sift through here, they may fill some gaps for you:
https://www.adventure-unlimited.org/files/FP/index.php

John

PS - 90% of the liveries are out there, mostly at AVSIM. Seek and ye shall find!

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

Thanks everybody - my mind is now suitably boggled. ;) ;) I guess I'll have to set aside some time to get my head around it all as it's a good while since I used the various utilities to create AI flights.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I reinstalled FSX and FS9 at the weekend and have started downloading various aircraft. The files at HJG are great, and they have AI packs too. These are AI models, not full flight plans etc, but in conjunction with AIFP it should be easy (if time consuming) to create the full plans. I plan on doing this over the coming weeks and months. It was lovely to get the VC10, Tridents and 1-11 up again and I actually had a lot of fun doing it. The performance (from my limited testing) was really good on the current version of Windows 11 and I haven't yet experienced any of the issues that I used to have on Windows 7 back in the day.

ImageImageImage

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

Where will you get the flight plans from Ben?

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Paul, still looking for the originals we used when creating the VA routes, but they are easy enough to make using AIFP. Basically if you aircraft, and you know the ICAO airports for the route, you can enter the departure time and the repeat period and it will automatically generate the bgl file. I don’t get much time so it’s going to take me a while (weeks) to get some done.
Tonight I managed to get FS9 working even better by alerting some values in fs9.cfg. Frame rates of 165FPS and the Trident 3 never looked so good 😂 I’ve got the old Horizon FS9 VFR photo scenery installed in both FS9 and FSX now and it’s looking good so far :cpu:

ImageImageImage