Tiger Moth from AH upcoming

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Roger
Comet
Comet

Post by Roger »

d0mokun
Trident
Trident

Post by d0mokun »

On the topic of G-ACDC, I think she's now the oldest Tiggy flying. The second oldest went in at some point last year if I remember correctly, think it wasn't a light accident either..

Dano.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hmmm...

I'm always at a bit of a loss when a payware model is made despite the existance of another.. in the case of the Lancaster, 2.. so am reasonably certain that I won't be parting with any more dosh there. I'm also surprised to see the flightdeck ground locks in place and the wheels well sunk into the ground. Given that the tail wheel is solid and the model looks very advanced.. that's a bit of a surprise :shock:

The Mossie.. well, thats a different story. There hasn't been a good one for the entire existance of 2004 and those external screenies look particularly good. The VC is b1oody awful though. Plenty of detail there but the perspective is totally wrong.. WoP and then some! :sad: Let's hope the 2D (if there is one) will compensate.

The Tiggy looks better and better though I'm not certain (far from it) that I'd want to buy one.. unless I had a pile of cash and it was a real one :wink:

They're all still in beta though so I'll be looking closer come judgement day :cool:

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

On the Mosquito the VC shot looks wide angle so it may not be as bad as it looks

Something funny about the canopy and the engines don't quite look right

But as DB says see neared the time.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Indeed Garry. I noticed on a second look that the Mossie VC was shown at a 31% zoom... suitable for our Flightsim loving Iguana's :madhead:

ImageImage

chazcozens
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by chazcozens »

I've just copied, pasted and enlarged both the Lanc & the Mossie pics and I'm not convinced the wheels are sunk into the ground - looks more like someone's actually modelled squashy tyres! Let's hope so....
Cheers,

Chaz
Cuius testiculous habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Milton Shupe has developed a technique for squishy tyres, so they are possible :wink:
Dave G.

Roger
Comet
Comet

Post by Roger »

DaveB wrote:Indeed Garry. I noticed on a second look that the Mossie VC was shown at a 31% zoom... suitable for our Flightsim loving Iguana's :madhead:

Always a toss up whether to show as much detail in the cockpit in vc mode as possible or make it as realistic as possible? :wink:

Here's one at .5 zoom

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks Roger and fully understood. I think though.. even at .5 which now seems common place with Alphasim, the actual look is still far too distorted to look real. Aim for .75 and you're getting close but of course, there is not so much to see. The Mossie in particular has my attention so I eagerly await its release like the rest of us on here :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Roger
Comet
Comet

Post by Roger »

The Moth will be released very soon...now there's a 'C' model and a civvie paint scheme for the 'A' version :smile: