Classic British AI

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

BraniffCEO
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Classic British AI

Post by BraniffCEO »

Just dropping a note to let you know that we at the RetroAI Traffic Group have not forgotten the UK - our first classic UK release will be out later today or tomorrow morning - it's BEA, 1972. We also have Manx (1988) and Virgin Atlantic (1984 & 1990), but those aren't truly "classic". The BEA "Speed Jack" planes for the package are already out on Avsim. Enjoy!

http://www.retroai.net

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

If you look up a couple of threads, you'll see that most of that has already been covered.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Guys

Any chance you could make these into packages with info on what model is used etc as they are not muxh use to me if they are not complete with the models listed.

I can find nothing at all!, no readme etc telling me who's model is used and where to get it and the listed livery. :think:

Sorry but some of us just are not Ai minded :worried:

Great idea but seem to assume we are all know what was used to make the files.

I am not knocking the project just saying it's audience would be massive if it was more descriptive & complete :wink:

Regards
Rick :wink:

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

I love being totally ignored when i ask a straight question :k:

Regards
Rick

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Fodda »

He probably attacked a whole bunch of FS sites in one go. May not think there'd be much written response yet so may not return for a while if at all...

Is there an email address in his (or her of course) profile?

BobH
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Classic British AI

Post by BobH »

I've downloaded these flightplans. They use Dee Waldron's BAC1-11 200 and the other models come from a package called gaukairc.zip. I've downloaded the package but have not had a chance to look at the models yet. Going back to the flightplans, they are using a 24 hour schedule and use 2 Viscount's, 1 Vanguard, 8 BAC 1-11's and 43 Tridents.
If you are interested in Vintage AI I'm about 2/3rds of the way to finishing a BOAC schedule from 1973. Should be up on the Retro AI website by the end of the month.
Bob

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Well

BEA didn't have BAC One-Eleven 200's

Doesn't Dee do a 500?

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Bob

Thanks for that.

It helps as i had no idea as none of the flightplan downloads have any readme's etc which was the reason i posted.

Been through about 5 pages of the retro Ai forum too which was not much help.

Thanks for the pointer to the file , downloading from FS.com as i type.

Garry I agree but not looked in package yet & i think Dee also made some 400 & 500 models too so will have a good look.

There appears to have been some BEA flying Jack ai models uploaded to Avsim today so could be the ones specified in the flightplans.

Regards
Rick :wink:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Ah thank, Rick

Some uploads today.

Makes sense as I couln't think of the ones mentioned on the flightplans.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

BraniffCEO
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by BraniffCEO »

Fodda wrote:He probably attacked a whole bunch of FS sites in one go. May not think there'd be much written response yet so may not return for a while if at all...

Is there an email address in his (or her of course) profile?
Ahem,

Are you accusing me os spamming? FYI, the upload information was only posted here and on our own forum at Simufly.com - the RetroAI Traffic Group is an established freeware site that was founded by longtime FS contributors Marc Hookerman and Henry Tomkiewicz. I took over for Marc when his wife had a child a few months ago. We are dedicated only to accurate AI schedules from the 1940's through the 1990's, we do not accept any advertising on our site or compensation for our work. And yes, there is a valid e-mail in my profile - kristopherc AT cox DOT net. (There was an old, now defunct one in there, which I have since changed to reflect my current one) Questions about our work can either be directed to me at that address, at retroai AT gmail DOT com or on our message board (the preferable way for a quick answer) at httP://www.simufly.com

Kristopher Crook,
Braniff International Virtual
RetroAI Traffic Group