Dave Maltby's VC10

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

Thanks Fred, good to see you again :lol:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Avant-Garde-Aclue wrote:Others here may remember me as Wind Dancer from Mike Stones forum
A-ha I remember now, welcome over :smile: If the C.1s had the cargo door from the outset then perhaps the 1103 model thats painted up as BUA, Caledonian or Omani Royal Flight would be the closest match? IIRC the wingtips on the C.1s are longer than civvie standards and to me that would be the most obvious physical difference.

A lovely aircraft whatever way or whichever one you look at, I hope to see one in action sometime before they are all gone :smile:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That's one way of putting it Toby.. longer wingtips :lol: As I pointed out earlier, the C1 is basically an 1103 fuse with Super wings and engines so yes, should anyone feel the urge.. an 1103 would be the closest match.. unless it is possible to paint out the refuelling bits. That said, DM's C1K's have under fuse cameras too so perhaps it would be more difficult. I dunno Toby.. you're a painter!! :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

tash
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by tash »

Just a few VC10 repaints I have on the go, they are not finished yet but when they are they will be available to download :dance: I have had to use a 1103 for a C Mk 1 as I tried the old painting black trick to make things disapear but didn't get anyware. Sorry for the big gaps but something is acting up on the old computer :k:

Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
If the Army was ment to fly god would have painted the sky green!

VC10ace
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by VC10ace »

As an engineer who was graced with working on 'Gods Airplane' for a long time, I would like to see (as a purist) a repaint in the ORIGINAL markings a la Royal Air Force Air Support Command in full on the fuselage top.

I am currently playing around with one of DM's 10's and have 'BLANKED' one ready to try this scheme on. However guys I have found that 'sticky out bits' namely refuel probes :huf: (erugh) and underwing pods etc actually 'ghost' if you paint them out.

The RAF VC10 was designed in its initial role 'clean' without all the left over garbage thrown out of the Victor squadrons. It breaks my heart now to see the wonderful aircraft we worked hard to keep flying, butchered with these 'bolt ons', it also apparently RUINS the aerodynamics. :huf:

I hope to see ONE of the remaining 10's put back in its first colour scheme (which has been rumoured by MOD) as they retire this wonderful old girl :crying:

Would be nice at some stage to see that large cabin cargo door
actually 'openable'

(Avant - I too am abandoning the UK soon to live in Missouri USA - not far from Mike Stone!! I will be building a grass GA airstrip on my land for my own use or land on the lake, bring a Beaver - fly ins welcome!) guess I'd better make it a 12000 footer for any visiting 10's :lol:

VC10ace
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by VC10ace »

COR BLIMEY TASH cracking repaints grommit!!!!

I forgot to say I have converted A40-AB to a CMK1 as it has no probe or horrors bolted on!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Nice paints Tash.. well done that man :wink:

Yeh.. ghosting. I was flying around in a photoreal Canberra the other day (WIP by Tom Everitt) which doesn't have tip tanks. However, flying over Coventry admiring my silhouette, I noticed they were visible.. though not on the model itself!! S P O O K Y M A N!! :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

tash
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by tash »

VC10ace wrote:As an engineer who was graced with working on 'Gods Airplane' for a long time, I would like to see (as a purist) a repaint in the ORIGINAL markings a la Royal Air Force Air Support Command in full on the fuselage top.
The very 1st RAF VC10 C Mk 1's / 'originals' actually wear 'ROYAL AIR FORCE TRANSPORT COMMAND' on the side not SUPPORT COMMAND :wink:
If the Army was ment to fly god would have painted the sky green!

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Heres a couple of relevant pictures that perhaps arent that useful to painters but are certainly interesting viewing for ethusiasts who havent seen them before:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0484591/L/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0481573/L/

Until a year or so ago when the runway area was starting to be redeveloped, this part of the site looked very much the same, except if anything, the concrete banking of the old racing circuit in the background was a little less green!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Nice couple of shots Toby and tks for finding them :wink: It certainly confirms Tash's comment about TRANSPORT COMMAND :thumbsup:

ATB

ImageImage