For £2.99 is it worth it?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

For £2.99 is it worth it?

Post by Jetset »

Just found this on ebay!

Alot of satisfied customers.

What do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Microsoft-Flight- ... dZViewItem
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Anything is worth £2.99 mate but I doubt that is. :roll:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Think I will take the plunge, what the hell it's only £2.99.

I'd spend that much on a fatty burger, and God knows after the stick today, the ebay purchase is healthier.
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

Could be dubious... but at the thought of risking £3 or spending £41 on FS-GS, who knows? :)

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

What's FS-GS Vixus?
Jetty!

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Jetset wrote:What's FS-GS Vixus?
Flight Simulator Graphic Solutions, run by Michael Greenblatt...

..or how to turn your PC into a lean mean FSing machine.

Check out http://www.fs-gs.com for their website and to find out what they actually do.

Haven't used the service myself, but I haven't heard on any unhappy customers
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

It's sort of a monopoly at the moment though. Seeing as he worked at Microsoft, no one else will have access to the tools and info he has.

migeater0
Lightning
Lightning

Post by migeater0 »

If we all chip in, will you share the info??
The Sock Lives! Long Live The Sock!

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

If it's the real deal... why would you sell a single copy of it on eBay and not have it continuously printed and sold? :think:

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

I wouldn't bother with this folks. Bit the bullet and bought it earlier, thought its £2.99 and a fantastically smooth running copy of FS, or £2.99 and a lesson learnt. Unfortunately this falls into the latter category.

The vast majority of things in the .pdf you recieve concern issues that I'm sure people on here already know about. How to tweak your fs9.cfg (in lesser detail than you often find on the net), where to get the best freeware/payware sceneries, meshes, ground textures, autogen, low detail clouds etc. Everything on the list I've heard of before so I assume most on hear will have as well. (I think by definition if you post here you won't have any use of this document, it really is aimed at the FS9 newbie). A section also details the in-game settings, again in much less detail than you often find by lurking on forums and picking peoples brains about their particular setup. Another part talks about disabling virus scanners, defragging your hard drive, checking for the latest graphics card drivers; you get the idea. Don't get me wrong, the document is very professionally produced and were I new to FS9 and hadn't heard of wonderous repositories of FS knowledge like CBFSIM I would probably consider it £2.99 well spent.

I would however advise you all to save your £2.99's for the time being, as I doubt anyone on here will benefit from it.
Last edited by Quixoticish on 02 May 2006, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.