A380 MONSTER arriving at LHR

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

Hooray!

Thank you very much Peter! At last someone who shares my interest in the Dreamliner!
"Sir!!! Yellow nosed b******s, twelve o'clock high!!!"

"Break formation, break!!!"

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

The Dreamliner is a beautiful airliner, it's about time we got something new to travel in. It's a nice change to see that Boeing and Airbus have gone in opposite directions. It'll be fun watching how it turns out.

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

Just remember in June we'll only be in a tatty 737. :crying:

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

With the 'nice boy' stewards. :doh:

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

Iron belts on!

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

I was in Toulouse a few days ago and saw the A380 doing a series of test flights (only about 10-15 minutes each). Oddly enough it doesn't look that big from certain angles, e.g. the side (it looks huge from the back). It does get off the ground pretty sharpish, although it might not have had much weight onboard. I did get a photo from my little digital about 30 miles southeast of Toulouse but nowhere near good enough to reproduce on here.

I was hoping for a tour of the bus factory but couldn't make it in the time available.

Personally, although not a fan of all things bus or spring like, I do like the A380 and think (on certain routes) that it is going to work.

Chris

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Itinerary - 18/19 May

Post by PeteP »

For those of you interested in the visit to the UK of the A380, here's some background. Note all times are UTC.

Introduction
Following departure from the Berlin Airshow an Airbus A380 will transit UK CAS before landing at EGLL.
The aircraft is planned to enter the UK at RAVLO to transit EGNR - EGTG – L9 - EGLL. It is not scheduled to
land at either EGNR or EGTG.
During some phases of the sortie a single Corvette chase aircraft, callsign F-GPLA, will conduct airborne
photography. Both aircraft will operate as singletons within LACC airspace and not as a formation.
The A380 is still under development and the characteristics and effects of its wake vortices are still being
analysed. Notwithstanding this, ICAO has provided initial guidance on vortex wake spacing to be applied
based on data analysed thus far. ATSIN 79, issued by ATSSD containing this guidance, is attached for reference.

Flight Details (All times UTC)
18 May 2006
Callsign: F-WWDD (reserve F-WWOW)
Departing: EDDB
Arriving: EGLL
Route through UK airspace: RAVLO – UL26 – L975 – WAL - N864 – N42 - N862 – RILES – DCT OF
rejoin CAS MALBY – L9 – EGLL.
ETA RAVLO: 0955
ETA WAL: 1050
ETA MALBY: 1140
Flight Planned Level Restrictions: WAL – RILES FL150
MALBY – L9 FL70 for the A380. FL80 for the Corvette.

19 May 2006
Departing: EGLL
Arriving: EDDB
ETD: 0730
Expected route through UK airspace: BPK M185 CLN UL620

Inbound Flight – Thursday 18th May
Filed routeing: [EDDB BELID Y203 HLZ UL980 ETEBO UG9 RKN UB5 SPY UY70 OTBED UL26 SONEX L975 WAL
DCT TORGO DCT KEGUN] EGNR [REXAM N864 MONTY N42 RETSI N862 RILES DCT OF DCT] EGTG [DCT MALBY L9
KENET EGLL]

Outbound Flight – Friday 19th May
Filed routeing: EGLL BPK M185 CLN UL620 BASNO UL603 ARNEM UG9 ETEBO UL980 DLE DLE5V EDDB

You might also find the additional separation required for this aircraft of interest:

Separation Requirements
A minimum of 15nm radar separation shall be applied en-route, between an A380 and all other aircraft
following the same track, or crossing behind, at the same altitude or less than 2000ft below.
A minimum of 2000ft vertical spacing shall be applied at all levels below an A380, where less than 15nm
radar separation exists between an A380 and any other aircraft operating below it on the same track, a
reciprocal track, or crossing behind.
A minimum of 1000ft vertical separation shall be applied above an A380.

It looks like the visits to Chester and Filton will be for low approaches and overshoots so there should be some good photo opportunities for those living close enough.

PP

rich byrne
Meteor
Meteor

A380

Post by rich byrne »

Thanks for the info, will be keeping an eye out on Thursday lunchtime, from my office in Westminster I can see planes coming in to 27L/R so that should be interesting, if the wind is OK.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

27L/R so that should be interesting, if the wind is OK.
Try to remember not eat any beans or pulses tonight then Rich :wink:
ATB Trev

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Vixus wrote:The Dreamliner is a beautiful airliner, it's about time we got something new to travel in. It's a nice change to see that Boeing and Airbus have gone in opposite directions. It'll be fun watching how it turns out.
The promotional drawings and cgi images are of a beautiful airliner. I believe the latest updates show a reduction in the number of curves and swirls; if that's all that is needed, maybe Airbus can get the Italians to restyle the 380? :wink: :lol:

AndyG