A380 MONSTER arriving at LHR

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Thanks Peter

I always had the impression your heart was in the smaller more action stuff

No real fun sitting monotoring systems for hours on end while flying a series of straight lines.

ATB

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

Jetset wrote:Guess it depends on which runway they are using.
It will be restricted to using the southern runway - 27L/09R - as that's the only one that's had its taxiways widened/repositioned to accommodate it. It'll be parking at Terminal 3's Pier 6.
PP
Last edited by PeteP on 02 May 2006, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Garry Russell wrote:Thanks Peter

I always had the impression your heart was in the smaller more action stuff

No real fun sitting monotoring systems for hours on end while flying a series of straight lines.

ATB

Garry
True, but being in command of such a moster would be worth something!
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

jonesey2k wrote: True, but being in command of such a moster would be worth something!
Yeah, an ulcer from the worry of mucking it up! :lol:
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

"Garry Russell"

Garry
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Come on , Garry. We all know the long hauls fly the 'Great Circle Routes' :lol: .

Kevin

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

That's right

Straight curved lines :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Garry Russell wrote:That's right

Straight curved lines :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Garry
Just about sums it up

We're all going 'round the bend'

Regards

Kevin

VC10ace
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by VC10ace »

Hey Peter

Heres then gen from LHR. They have built a whole NEW pier called pier 6. I have been inside it and that alone is a monster. It is a unique building built in 2 levels instead of one to either split passengers from arriving/departing OR they can simultaneously unload both decks of the superbird at once! They can handle SIX at a time now.

The piers are state of the art fitted with DOUBLE airbridges which can dock with an aircraft at front and centre doors or on the 380 on both levels. The new pier incorporates shopping and is a real masterpiece of design.

As to where she will come on - The whole of the 09 right 27 left side of the airport has been cleared and widened. All obstructions, lights power stands etc are now gone just a HUGE expanse of taxiway.

I'm told that the 380 will stop shorter than a 777 and also lift off about the same distance due to the wing chord on this beast. I have flown one in FS9 and although you have to come in low and slow she handles very well. Whoever designed the dynamics gets a gold star.

The whole idea of the 380 popping in on the 18th is so we can check that all our hard work does actually FIT the aircraft :lol: Its just a jolly with bottles of Bolly as they say! I've got the cams ready as a LOT of celebs are due here. I heard Tom Cruise is gonna top gun it :lol: (wonder if it can pull off a tac take off like a C17 Globey???)

I dont care what ANYONE says, (as a fan of the 777) I'm afraid Boeing has left it too late this time to catch up with the Airbus and no less than UNITED AIRLINES and DELTA are now ordering Airbus!!! Also I think the aging 747 will be seeing its final orders soon. The so called 'Dreamliner' will turn out just to be a WET dreamliner :dunno: Congrats to Airbus and our contribution at Chester.

Hey Mr Boeing what was that saying about Rats and sinking ships :think:
I have slipped the surly bonds of earth and danced the skies with engines at the back and laughter silvered T tail.....

crisso
Viscount
Viscount

Post by crisso »

Hopefully not a stupid question - but where is the A380 arriving at LHR on the 18th coming from? Toulouse or Finkenwerder (Hamburg)? or, is she 'on tour'?

Reason for my question is that my office roof is in the Eastern part of the City of London and, I get a good view of Planes turning onto finals (if its Rwy 27 L/R). Realise I won't probably miss it by her size but nice to know if coming via OCK or LAM, etc.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

VC10ace wrote: Heres then gen from LHR. They have built a whole NEW pier called pier 6. I have been inside it and that alone is a monster. It is a unique building built in 2 levels instead of one to either split passengers from arriving/departing OR they can simultaneously unload both decks of the superbird at once! They can handle SIX at a time now.

The piers are state of the art fitted with DOUBLE airbridges which can dock with an aircraft at front and centre doors or on the 380 on both levels. The new pier incorporates shopping and is a real masterpiece of design.

As to where she will come on - The whole of the 09 right 27 left side of the airport has been cleared and widened. All obstructions, lights power stands etc are now gone just a HUGE expanse of taxiway.

The so called 'Dreamliner' will turn out just to be a WET dreamliner
Let's hope that all that very expensive and disruptive work for the "White Elephant" doesn't turn out to be a rather expensive mistake...We might also hope that six other places in the World are wasting some money to provide viable destinations for those six WEs.

Pier 6 Eh?...sounds like an impressive place...I suppose if the WE were to fall flat on its ear, the Pier could be adapted easily enough to handle normal more sensible aircraft. I assume that Terminal Five will be unaffected by all this, so in future years of travel on BA I will not have to suffer the queues for baggage collection, customs clearance and immigration that Pier 6 will generate...I wonder if I can get to anywhere sensible from Stanstead :lol:

Does this mean that all the disruption and chaos will be confined to Terminal 3?...That at least sounds like a good idea.

Finally, I wonder if anyone is building all this new stuff for Flight Simulator and as for the "Dreamliner"...Well that is definitely for me...I look forward to some serious travelling in that machine..."WET"..."WE"...Time will tell :think: