A380 MONSTER arriving at LHR

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Anyone know the ATC frequency for the leg across from OTBED to SONEX on UL26.

Might at least listen to progress even if I can't see it. Given a clear day and a reasonable altitude it might be visible from here as a big silver blob.

Ian

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

Unfortunately, I'm not back at work until after the visit but I'll do my best from memory.

Your best bet would be to try to pick it up while still high level over the North Sea. The first London Sector will be Sector 11 on 126.780 which is an 8.33kHz frequency - if your scanner is not 8.33 capable, I'm told you can still receive it by selecting the 25kHz frequency of 126.775!

When the aircraft starts its descent, it'll be transferred to London S10 on 128.125. If the traffic at the time is light, S11 and S10 will be bandboxed (combined) with the frequencies cross-coupled so you'll be able to hear both frequencies by tuning in to 128.125.

I guess it'll be treated like any other Manchester TMA inbound and so will be descended to FL280 level abeam OTBED. Approaching OTBED, it will be transferred to Manchester East Sector on (if my memory serves me correctly) 133.8. I'm afraid Manchester operations are a mystery to me - and everyone else for that matter (sorry, ATC in-joke) - but it will either be then transferred to MACC S29 on 118.775 or direct to a TMA sector and I've no idea what they use.

With any luck, if you scan those 4 frequencies, you should pick it up somewhere along the route.
PP

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Thanks Pete.

Better get the scanner manual out to figure out how to program in those frequencies - not used it in a while.

Ian

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

PeteP wrote: I'm afraid Manchester operations are a mystery to me - and everyone else for that matter
OI! Image Image
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

crisso
Viscount
Viscount

Post by crisso »

Away from scanners, etc., and back to 'mk1 eyeball'.

At present (0840 UTC) the EGLL winds are 230/13.8. Presumably then the landing will be on 27L? My question is, after MALBY will it be a STAR via OCK or BNN? so I know which way to look out for. (sorry, but don't have my charts with me at my office which is at Eastern side of City of London and can normally see LHR arrivals turning nicely onto to 27 L/R ILS.)

Any info appreciated so I can hopefully see the beast from my building's roof.

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

VEGAS wrote:OI! Image Image
Down, boy, down! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I said, it was an ATC in-joke aimed specifically the staff (very few of whom are locals) who operate the Manchester Area Control Centre (MACC) and not at Mancunians in general. I'm pretty certain all organisations, including the armed services, have a particular section or sections that tend to be the butt of professional jokes - MACC just happens to be ours. :wink:

Take care.
Pete

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

crisso wrote:Presumably then the landing will be on 27L? My question is, after MALBY will it be a STAR via OCK or BNN? so I know which way to look out for.
Unless there have been some special procedures published which I haven't seen, it will be via OCK for 27L.
PP

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Well like it or not...it certainly looks impressive on the news

Certainly one of those marked in history days.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Shame Sky News insisted on getting that twat David Learmont on :roll:
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

My old man flew down to see it. Ill post the pics when he gets back.
I would have went myself buit Im skint atm :sad:
Last edited by jonesey2k on 18 May 2006, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.