New schemes over at HJG

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

New schemes over at HJG

Post by VEGAS »

Hi all,

Just noticed HJG released some new scheme's today. Including the wonderful Air Afrique & African Safari colour scheme's.

I know our resident painters (they know who they are!) have a big impact on this sites continued success with their dedication & hard work.

Thank you to all involved.
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

Thank you for that "VEGAS" .... you actually beat me to announcing HJG 2006's 2nd website update !

YES .... the first in a set of beautiful AIR AFRIQUE & AFRICAN SAFARI repaints have been uploaded. Very soon there'll be some more even rarer examples of both AIR AFRIQUE, AFRICAN SAFARI, African, and other European DC8's available too :-({|=

This update's a mixed bag comprising of repaints of some extremly rare B707/720, CV990, & DC8 subjects from South America, Asia, USA, and Europe :-({|=

Also featured among these are improved versions of Garry RUSSELL's great BOAC & BOAC CUNARD 1965 liveries for B707-420 :-({|=

And last but by no means least .... a new USAF EC135-C by Gary CARLSON as well :-({|=

The first of George CARTY's new B707 panels recently reconfigured for compatibility with the HJG B707-320/420 models (only at this stage) has also just been made available via the HJG forum .... we'll get it up more prominantly onto the website ASAP (so much to do at the moment) which is why I was just holding back making this announcement myself :-({|= )

Take a swing over to the HJG 2006 website and look for yourself at the following address :-

http://www.simviation.com/hjg/

More stuff's already being accumulated for the next website update too :wink:

Mark C
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Mark

I have in my possession a paint of the DC8-54 done in IAS Cargo
colours for GBIAS - The guy who did it for me was told at the time
(about a year ago) that HJG didn' accept "outisders" work - Just
curious - witht he change of venue and personell wether that still
applies - If not I'll have him upload the colour scheme to you -

If you wish I can post some screenies in the morning (my time)

Leif

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

"LIEF" .... I'd be delighted to accept the IAS DC8-54F on the HJG 2006 website.

"G" registered DC8's are a very rare breed indeed !

The new HJG 2006 has a revised repaint philosophy. People are now allowed to paint our models .... upon asking us first. We also actively encourage these painters to allow us hosting their work (if it is good enough) on our website exclusively .... for which they will be appropriately credited of course.

I actually have the IAS DC8-54F in my own private collection, so, with the approval of your colleague I could easily send to to our website on his behalf .... unless he decides to rework the textures and provide a new version of the same aircraft.

Can you ask him to confirm his approval for us to upload by dropping me a PM via this or the HJG 2006 forum ?

I'll need his personal details (name etc) for correct accreditation anyway.

Thanks for that ! :smile:

Mark C
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Mark,

Any likelihood of Gary rolling out new or updated versions of some of the other C-135/137 variants, especially the 'Rivet ..." series?

Thanks

AndyG

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Mark C wrote:".

"G" registered DC8's are a very rare breed indeed !

Mark C
Mark, was'nt one of the African Safari DC-8's registered as G-BETJ in the late 70's/early 80's?

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0125201/L/
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

was'nt one of the African Safari DC-8's registered as G-BETJ in the late 70's/early 80's?
Not that I'm aware of.

ASA operated 3 DC8's between 1976 and the 1980's ;-

DC8-33 5Y-ASA
DC8-53 5Y-BAS
DC8-63 5Y-ZEB

All went into revenue service with the airline on the "5Y" register. What you're seeing there (in that AIRLINERS.NET image), I belive, is a post sale registration .... cetainly the dates are correct for the termination of this aircrafts ASA service, and note all other titles appear to have been removed .... I'm pretty sure you'll find that's a temporary transitional "G" registration. Interesting though :smile:

Since we're talking about ASA, I couldn't resist posting a few FS screenshots of these .... it's a damned nice livery.

AFRICAN SAFARI AIRWAYS DC8-33 1976

AFRICAN SAFARI DC8-53 1980

AFRICAN SAFARI AIRWAYS DC8-63 1989

The DC8-33 & -63 are already availble for download at HJG 2006. The -53 should be up sometime next week .... just remains the final version of ASA livery applied to the -63 remaind to be done.

Compliments Pascal RYCHEN & Gilles MERCIER.

Just comming back to British registered DC8's. Again so far as 'm aware The only DC8's to enter regular airline service under the "G" register were those of IAS AIR CARGO, and TRANSMERIDIAN AIR CARGO. I think HEAVY LIFT also acquired one more recently too, but, it remained on another countries register .... as I recall.

Mark C
Last edited by Mark C on 06 May 2006, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Chris - I'll try and get hold of Bob Dennard tonight - he was flying for us as a F?A but moved on - got his email - so hopefully I'll get an answer - I'd love to see him rework his original - as I said it was done for personell use but seemed good enough for publication but at the HJG was not really receptive
to that sort of thing - glad times have changed BTW I flew as a loadie of
both of the original 2 DC8s that IAS aquired - didnt hold a candle to the Britannia - went much to fast so you couldnt make any money in flight pay

Leif

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

Any likelihood of Gary rolling out new or updated versions of some of the other C-135/137 variants, especially the 'Rivet ..." series?
"ANDY" .... I believe Gary does have plans for those.

These questions have also been posed on the HJG 2006 forum too. It's just the old story .... a matter of finding sufficient spare time on any 1 particular day to apply to completing them.

Once the new versins are out I'll try to remember to post news here for you and any other interested parties :wink:

Failing that .... just keep a weather eye on the "HJG 2006" website and forum at :-
http://www.simviation.com/hjg/

Mark C

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

G-BETJ was ex African Safari 5Y-ASA

It was at least at first still in Safrican Safari livery

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."