Gatquick

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Here you go matey..

http://www.onlinesimulationsolutions.com

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

mulletman
Viscount
Viscount

Post by mulletman »

more delays/ still havent found the cure to my problem, emaild the support people, but got nothing back so far. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Ill get some shots up for you anywhay though.
Image Image
Yes...and... I Like my Boeings.

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Thanks for that, it looks the mutts nuts!
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

mulletman
Viscount
Viscount

Post by mulletman »

right, you may want to add a warning to the title of this thread, but here goes (10 shots).

EDIT: Commentry Added/post updated

If you want a specific area give us a bell. None have been majorly edited, just cropped/resized/brightened (for night)

Addons in Use
-UK2000 Gatwick Pro
-Just Flight Traffic 2005
-FS Gloabl SE

From the viewing deck. I beleve the OSS scenery has the coment nose moddled, this doesnt, but it does go into some detail.

The airbridge. Its not clear in this shot but people can be seen walking across it. They do seem a bit larger than life though.

General airport overview. It blends allright with the default scenery. Have seen worse, have seen better. The line can be seen at the nearest edge.

Another ovierview. This is what i mean by 'flat' (see below). Nice ground textures though, a major improvement over Garry's previous stuff.

Night Textures complared to day. I have not brighteed this shot, so you may want to close the curtains and stand up.

Train station. This features 2 trains (both Virgin Pendilino's) that come and go in opposite directions. They dissapear into nothing ness though, which is acceptable.

As the sun sets. Some of the gates, looking back toward the viewing deck. Gate detail is EXTREMELY good, and even the defaults often look as if they are getting service.

Dont know the proper name for this area, but 'the circular bit'.

Looking across the S.Terminal across the runways. Taxiway lighting is quite good.

The tower is not the best moddled tower i have seen, but it does the job. The stands (freight area) are really nice over here.

Right, what i honestly think. Well, first off, its lovely. taxing around the airport has a reel unique feel, and no matter where you are, you feel like you are looking at Gatwick. The Getmapping ground textures are very good, and allows for even more realisim, however i would have liked to have seen these baught to life a little bit more, because, as seen in the screenshots, it can be a little flat in places. But then again, this comes to the Detail/FR argument. I feel Night textures are a little too dark, but at least they are not all lit by searchlights, like the Simflyers stuff. The animation features (cars, trains etc) are nice, and dont seem too fast. I have not yet had the chance to test gates.

As it stands i only have one major bug, and it has literally grounded me. Hopefully i will find the cure soon though, and report back.

Heres a video, by to FS Vid creator Adrian Musto (thats not me :lol: ): http://www.arkitekture.net/clients/uk20 ... ckhigh.zip

(PS: sorry for the major lack of Classic British aircraft.)
Last edited by mulletman on 07 May 2006, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Yes...and... I Like my Boeings.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Impressive vid Fred :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

That'a what I call a great video. It looks fantastic scenery, but I am sure all that detail will hit fps.
I hope they do one like that for Manchester.

Although they say that LGW has only one runway, it looks like they have two, can anybody see that to?
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

andy

Post by andy »

Jetty, there are two runways at Gatwick, although I believe that one is normally used as a taxiway. :wink:

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

I love the way in the description section of the OSS website, Londoners are referred to as drinking tea and eatting crumpets. :lol: :lol:
Jetty!

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Oh right, thanks Andy. I take it that the runway used as a taxiway was an old runway used when the airfield first opened. Maybe it's too close to the exisiting one to be used safely.
Jetty!

Reheat
Victor
Victor

Post by Reheat »

Just to put my 2p's worth in. I have the Gatwick pro scenery and I love it.

The only way I can describe it is that it "feels" like being airside at Gatwick.

As for frame hits... its exactly the same as I get with the Justflight Shoreham, nothing below 15fps anywhere onthe airfield.

I actually have some screenies although they were taken as promo for an aerobatic event so please excuse me context. But just to prove the point you CAN do precise aero's there so the hit can't be that bad!

For £13 I think its very good, you get loads of animations and I personally only experienced a drop of around 7fps from the default scenery.

Can't moan at that!

Alex