F16 MLU update

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

F16 MLU update

Post by hobby »

Does anyone have piloting, maintenance or modification experience on the F16 Fighting Falcon aka Viper please?

I believe that the flap settings in the latest Norwegian FS9 version may incorrect.
My reference books tell me that during ground roll of take off and wheel spin up on landing the leading edge flaps and the trailing edge flaps are extended(L/E=-2* T/E=20*). After lift off and on approach the flight system puts these flaps at L/E=15* & T/E=20.*

In high speed cruise the L/E flaps are at - 2* and the T/E flaps are also at - 2*.

Maximum manoevering flap settings are at L/E = 25* and T/E flaps are at 0*

Can anyone confirm or supply the correct flap settings for the above flight conditions please?

JensOle
Meteor
Meteor

Post by JensOle »

I'm no expert at this subject, but the leading edge and trailing edge flaps are controlled by the flight computer, to duplicate this in FS you do need a sort of a coded gauge since FS9 do not duplicate such flaps.

I'm using a merge with the lago f-16 panel and also use the auto flap gauge which is part of that panel. It works fine with Kirks F-16A MLU. I have a panel.cfg merge file with the lago gauges into Kirks VC if anybody are interested.

Best regards
Jens-Ole

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

F16 MLU update

Post by hobby »

I have the Panel studio program, an excellent investment, so a couple of years ago I modified a freeware F16 panel to fly Kirk's original F16 models. My panel incorporates some really good FS98(!) gauges for navigation, autopilot and attitude as well as FS9 gauges and the well known F16 radar and HUD displays. Unfortunately the radar and HUD designer disliked my panel and denied me permission to use his radar and HUD so I have not uploaded the panel to any site.

My solution to the flap problem was to modify the aircraft cfg flaps entry to more closely imitate the real aircraft but I do not have the skill to make this operation fully automatic. I have to manually operate my flaps with my normal designated stick button.

Since the brake chute on the new Norwegian model automatically deploys on touchdown in landing configuration it should be possible to simultaneously and automatically put the flaps into the correct position but alas, beyond me for I am not agauge wizard!

Your Lago gauge sounds very interesting.

Best wishes

Seagull
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Seagull »

Hobby, whilst flying today I noticed from spot view that what when you move the elvator up, the leading edge slats automatically droop. Hope this helps you. I had not realised this before.

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

F16 MLU update

Post by hobby »

Seagull: Thanks I shall have look at that latter this evening!