North American Harvard...

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

DispatchDragon wrote:Hey Peter

Speaking of traffic - how about a daily PAMA-LAS flight courtesy of
Allegiant - LOL - Theres a nice Allegiant md83 AI available - it would
give American a little run for there money :wink:
Leif,

That might work all right as there is at least one spare Jetway free all the time...However, I had a devil of a job getting the B727s out of here and they only just make it by inches. Have never tried an MD63...Where is that model Leif?

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Just uploading some pics Jetty, check the Gallery in a few mins.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Well the AI one is on The Big Three

I use the SGA MD80 in Allegiants colours also available for flying first person
If you like flying first generation glass its a lot of fun.

Personally I have it beacuse I also have all the afcads and scenery for our route structure so if we have any specials (Missoula is a good example, but the ILS for Reno is fun as well) I can go fly them to see what they "look" like
Dont laugh they are actually an aid to dispatching - once you have flow the
VOR-A to minimums at MSO you have a hearty respect for the crews you are sending in there and adjust fuel and alternates to fit in real life

Leif

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

I've just had a look through my Harvard Notes and see that KF972 served with No.3 FTS at Feltwell from January 1951 until February 1955. It was struck off charge in May 1957.

As to the Harvard coded K-R, this could be FX427 which did wear this combination. This was duly SOC'd in May 1957 too.

The FS2004 Harvard Mk.4 is painted up to represent FE905, which was a Noorduyn built MK.IIB which served with No.41 SFTS and then was transferred to the RCAF. Fate unknown.

Best wishes,

Martin

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

T6flyer wrote:I've just had a look through my Harvard Notes and see that KF972 served with No.3 FTS at Feltwell from January 1951 until February 1955. It was struck off charge in May 1957.

As to the Harvard coded K-R, this could be FX427 which did wear this combination. This was duly SOC'd in May 1957 too.

The FS2004 Harvard Mk.4 is painted up to represent FE905, which was a Noorduyn built MK.IIB which served with No.41 SFTS and then was transferred to the RCAF. Fate unknown.

Best wishes,

Martin
I can feel a couple of repaints coming on. :wink: :lol:

AndyG

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Re FE905.

It wouldn't be this one would it?

http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/north-ameri ... rd-iib.htm

According to Scramble it is:

FE905 Harvard IIb 14A-639

Edit:

so not a repaint of another airframe since the c/no puts it correctly in a Noorduyn batch.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

T6flyer wrote:I've just had a look through my Harvard Notes and see that KF972 served with No.3 FTS at Feltwell from January 1951 until February 1955. It was struck off charge in May 1957.

Thanks Martin,

Yes, I flew KF972 quite a lot at Feltwell...Don't know about KR though as I didn't fly a 427...For some extraordinary reason we had to record the Harvard numbers with those two large letters and the three numbers of the registration...So KF972 is shown in my logbook as RN972.

I don't appear to have flown a KR...so perhaps I just used it for posing :redface:

My first solo in a Harvard was on 1st January 1952 in RY438, after 6 hours 50 mins dual with Flying Officer Cooper. My final handling test was with Sqdn.Ldr. Len Trent V.C. in RJ265 on 6th May 1952.

Total hours for the course was 196 hrs 30 mins
Prentice total was 62 hours
Harvard total was 134 hours 30 mins

Sorry if that is boring but it may be of interest to people training today :smile:

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

very nice pete
thank you for sharing the pictures, and the shots
from flight sim are great. I'd be thrilled to
have one in my FS hanger..

:smile:

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

petermcleland wrote: Ours were silver...somebody coloured this B/W photo from my website:-

Glad you've still got that, took me bloody hours... :shock:

Was particulaly proud of that one.

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

Peter,

Thanks for sharing your training hours. I'm a bit worried now cause I'll be doing my PPL in just 45 hours!!!

Any tips?

Thanks!
"Sir!!! Yellow nosed b******s, twelve o'clock high!!!"

"Break formation, break!!!"