Info needed to get aircraft onto the FlyNET database

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Longhaul

I think you'll find you Chris Trott is going to enter the acft data directly to the database. We need seprate data for the Vangaurd and the Merchantman. In pax config the freight load is considerably less.

Rgds

John

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Okay guys, looked over the info you've provided. It's a good start, but several things -

1) All weights must be in KILOGRAMS.

2) All prices must be in DOLLARS (US). If they aren't, I'll just double the price and call it good.

3) The prices must be what it would cost to purchase the aircraft TODAY if it was still available for purchase (or if it is). The Vanguard is added in and I put it up for $2 Million as that is fairly reasonable for that sized airplane in good condition.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Thanks Chris,

Have you got both configured - Merchantman AND Vanguard ?

Rgds

John

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I am about to add in the Merchantman.

Also, please note, passenger numbers should be the TYPICAL layout (2-class in newer aircraft, or all economy in smaller). Long-Range aircraft is typical 3-class arrangement. No Charter or Tourist class layouts. This is to make the capacities work on a similar scale to the other planes out there.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Chris

Not sure about ICAO codes. VC9 for Vanguard and VC9C for Merchantman ? This will make it easier to sort the cargo flights from the passenger flights.

Rgds

John

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Also, please note, passenger numbers should be the TYPICAL layout (2-class in newer aircraft, or all economy in smaller). Long-Range aircraft is typical 3-class arrangement. No Charter or Tourist class layouts. This is to make the capacities work on a similar scale to the other planes out there.

I dont think that any of the mentioned aircraft had 3 class arrangements EVER

And I guess that blows the idea of doing the bucket and spade brigade as
European ITs are based on minimum seat pitch/maximum capacity

Leif

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

As far as I am aware, most of passeneger Vanguards were all economy - 139 seats ?

Rgds

John

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Thanks Chris, I see them on the database. Are you able to add acft to the traders list for purchasing ?

Rgds

John

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

The only reason I brought it up is because on the BAC 1-11, one was listed as 89 "in Charter configuration". Charter is minimum pitch (max capacity). Passenger capacity in FlyNET is all economy for aircraft not configured with more than one class (like most of the ones here) 2-class for aircraft so equipped (for those which have 2-class arrangements given) and 3-class for the really big aircraft like the 777, A330-300, A340, and 747.

Quantum put up "max passengers" in his list, but FlyNET asks for "Passenger Capacity" and there are notes under the fields in the Add Aircraft page that state how "Passenger Capacity" is to be expressed. (seen here: http://flynet.en-studios.de/index.php?l ... status2=db , specificlaly Note [4])

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

RAF_Quantum wrote:Chris

Not sure about ICAO codes. VC9 for Vanguard and VC9C for Merchantman ? This will make it easier to sort the cargo flights from the passenger flights.

Rgds

John
ICAO codes need to be the real ones. There was no distinction between cargo or not. The way to separate the Cargo flights from Passenger is simply to setup your flight numbers to have totally separate ranges for Cargo versus Passenger. For example, at GMA we use 1000 as the lowest passenger flight number. Everything below that is Cargo.