Emerald Airways

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

Jetset wrote:Those bakewell tarts are mine, you promised me! I have a shed load of used stamps I can exchange for one!
Bet they're "Green Shield" stamps too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark :-({|=
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

airboatr wrote:i apologize :redface: it was migman29
I got all mixed up in the layers of qoutes
:curse: those dadgum quotey things :doho:
no harm done I hope...........
Rumbled again. Triple drat.

I'm not allowed a piggy bank :huf: :huf: .Mrs Miggers know's I'll buy something silly like a s/h Budgie 748 :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

DispatchDragon wrote:LOL

Whose moneybags??? I can run one I just cant afford one

Obviously the market is out there for the 748 freighter - the biggest problem would be if Emerald has lost its AOC due to saftey is this
maintenance safety?? If so the Budgies may be salvageable - Now Ben about that airline you wandted to start out Llanbder????

Leif
That works for me Leif. As you rightly pointed out I was refering to your "Running one" ability rather than your bank account. Anyone got any friend aty PWC who will give us it for free? :wink:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Ben Watson wrote:
DispatchDragon wrote:LOL

Whose moneybags??? I can run one I just cant afford one

Obviously the market is out there for the 748 freighter - the biggest problem would be if Emerald has lost its AOC due to saftey is this
maintenance safety?? If so the Budgies may be salvageable - Now Ben about that airline you wandted to start out Llanbder????

Leif
That works for me Leif. As you rightly pointed out I was refering to your "Running one" ability rather than your bank account. Anyone got any friend aty PWC who will give us it for free? :wink:
Wrong insolvency practitioner.... getting confused with MG Rover last year most likely (I'll bet you wouldnt mind having bought that too! :lol: )... KPMG and probably the only way you'd get it at a very much knocked-down price is if you took on its current liabilities I would imagine. More seriously, I didnt know they were in financial trouble at all. They seemed busy enough. Only trouble I can find are on the various other fora where this is being discussed, there seemed to be (presumably) disgruntled ex-employees with usernames such as "Emeroid", "Flygerm" and "MOB P45" :lol:

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

Seems to me Leify that it's widely tipped your wallet is very heavy :think: :think: .

Must be something to do with living in a desert surrounded by paupers...................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

buff
Viscount
Viscount

Post by buff »

I think its a damn shame that emerald have gone bust :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Damn CAA :axe:
BOEING..........Turning lemons into lemonade since 1916

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

No - Stupid Emerald - you play by the rules you stay in business you bend em -= bye bye

Leif

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Emerald are probably better off on the ground at the moment

I am not going to start on a public forum as to some of the reasons that may be, but there have been concerns

And there have been incidents.

Maybe they can be resolved

But as it stood it had to be halted.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

If you look back over the past 2 or 3 years of monthly bulletins on the UK Air Accident Investigation branch site you will see the nature of the problem : persistent maintenance related matters , mostly with 748s. Not the least of the difficulties seems to have been that every aircraft was different and thus laying down consistent maintenance protocols was very difficult particularly in relation to avionics/instrumentation. The root cause may have been that the 748s came from such disparate sources of supply that the flight deck layout differed in almost every one

Chris

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Im in total agreement Chris - I was wondering personally how the heckthey can have a standardized crew training program with so many
different variants - it must be like teaching 7 or 8 DIFFERENT aircraft

And I was pretty certain that what you just stated was what Garry was hinting at - to many off runway excursions , to many parts sprinkling the
countryside - add to that some busted minimums and reported inflight emergiencies and Im sure that every red light in the CAA must have
been going off in respect to Emeralds AOC..

Leif