Canberra B1(8) Panel

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

musicguy
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Canberra B1(8) Panel

Post by musicguy »

Hello --

I have downloaded some of the B.1(8) repaints from Nazca Studios. However, when I tried to fly one, the panel had no gauges. Where can one get the gauges for a Phoenix Design panel?

From a Canberra fan (freak, really) in Columbus, Mississippi, USA!

-- Marc

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Marc and welcome to the forum :wink:

I pulled the B(I)8 model myself this evening and see that it mentions (in the readme) moving a file/files from the gauges folder but there isn't one included with the download :think: A note in another model from Bill Holker (the original author) states that he's not included the gauges with all the models as they're the same as those in the GAF Canberra (which should be available at Avsim me thinks). However, I'm not sure these files are the same as the Phoenix Design files so it is a little bit confusing.

Sri I couldn't be of more help.

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

musicguy
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by musicguy »

Thanks, Dave. I also have the GAF Canberra in my hangar and with it all the associated gauges. However, the B1(8) panel doesn't pick them up. For teh time being, I have to use the PR.9 panel; it's OK, nut I like the background bitmap on the B1(8) better!

-- Marc Burcham

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Marc,

Nazca Steve was up on the forum earlier and I hoped he'd pick this thread up for you :roll: I had another look at the repaints I have and notice that I don't have the majority of the gauges either. I wasn't particularly bothered but did notice one particular thing. The top half of the panel on the PR9 is taken directly off the panel on Ricks Meteor. Sav Maurri did the panel for the Meatbox and I'm wondering if the author of the PR9 panel asked before he published a cut-and-shut of someone elses work. The lower section (from the frame down) looks very familiar too :tuttut:

The PD refered to for the missing gauge is Paul Fosters work (as probably is the cut and shut panel too) so if no one here knows where this darned file is, perhaps you can contact him at phenixdesign @ hotmail.com (no spaces and yes.. no O in the phenix part of the address).

Best regards

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde
Location: South Orange County, California (ex-pat from Cambs.)

Post by nazca_steve »

Just saw this thread now and took a look into it. I remember the first time I fired up the Mark 8 and had the same problem, but if I recall correctly, it is solved by moving the PD_CB1 folder into the gauges folder in FS. I realise now that the model on my site does not have the gauges in the root folder in order for users to do that, so I am going to add them in right now.

So it looks like my fault if you got the model off my site :redface: Erk. Apologies all, standby for corrections now.

Steve

Steven Beeny, repainter and modeller. New Canberra series for FS9 out now.
http://www.flyingstations.com