VA Crew Room

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

The other problem I'm seeing is that people are walking in and taking aircraft from other pilots without asking. I recently flew to Rome in the Vanguard late one night with the intention of coming back and flying the return the next morning. However, when I came to make the return flight, the plane was gone and I was stranded in Rome. My choice? Either I buy a ticket back to London, or I wait for someone else to fly a plane back to Rome and take it from them. I don't know when the plane would be coming back, so I spent my own money (about 2 flights worth) to buy the ticket and get back to London so I could fly additional flights.

Guys, there's a thing called courtesy and respect.

Courtesy is asking another pilot if you can take over the airplane at a certain location and work out a plan to get the other guy back home.

Respect is piled on that in that you don't fly a one way trip out into the middle of nowhere and leave the plane there while you fly back to London or wherever and take another plane somehwere. Then you don't just take a plane from another pilot just because you want to fly that sector. Remember, unless there are multiple airplanes at an airport, that pilot will be stranded and either have to spend his own money to fly home or wait for someone to bring a plane for them and they take over, which will strand that pilot as well which ends up making an untenable situation unless John decides to transfer an aircraft to that airport.

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

Rick have a look at egbb there are two bac 1-11's listed at the airport. nobody has booked them and ready to go. that's what the airport list says.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Chris I agree with you completly. I would like to add that its probably never a good idea to switch planes at a remote airport. Even if you think you are leaving that other pilot a plane to fly out on, that pilot may not be rated or interested in flying that type.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

rick cancel egbb there are bac's listed but no routes for them.sorry to fast at the draw to help out.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I've had an aircraft pulled from underneath me too (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fortunately, a quick phonecall to the airline CEO had TWO flown out as replacements :lol:

On another note.. is it possible to change the sig.bmp?? I don't really want to be a Captain in a b1oody Caravan! :curse:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

DaveB wrote:On another note.. is it possible to change the sig.bmp?? I don't really want to be a Captain in a b1oody Caravan! :curse:
If someone will give me a good screenshot of some of our aircraft, I can get Konny to make us proper "Classic" aircraft banners.

In the meantime, you select your aircraft this way -

Click on "Profile".
Click on the little pencil icon above "First Name:".
The next to last option is "Signature A/C"
Select from the list.
Click "Edit Data".
You're done!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tks for that Chris :wink:

Any arty-farty types out there willing to knock up some decent 'Classic' shots??

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

Rick, sorry that was probably me that booked that flight. I was also looking for a 1-11 trip and the only one was out of Manchester, so I bought a ticket too and booked the flight on arrival. I flew out to Girona today and was planning to fly it back to Stansted tomorrow.

Something seems to be going amiss at CBFS as it is very difficult to find a flight to operate despite having the largest fleet on Flynet. I thought the Doves were for getting from airport to aiport but yesterday was the second time I've had to buy a ticket to get somewhere with a flight that I wanted to do. There are 1-11s listed all over the globe yet very few seem to be at airports with 1-11 routes.

I would also point out that I have no idea which aircraft is based where, and although I always take it back where I got it from I might be taking it to the wrong place again. Is there a list of home bases?
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

My understanding is that EGSS, EGLL, and EGKK are the primary bases for our operation.

Also, the planes being at out stations is mainly due to John not having moved them. I had reminded him that they needed to be moved but he's been moving them on an "as needed" basis. However, him being on vacation will definitely not help in him getting additional aircraft moved.

Also, remember that common flights have common flight numbers. If you want to fly a round-trip, the outbound legs will all have the same number and the return legs will have the same flight number, but one higher than the outbound legs.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Chris,

I just want to make something clear... I didn't steal your aircraft, I took it back from where it came. We need to lighten up a bit here guys this is fun. The aircraft belong to the airline, and as such, any pilot can fly any aircraft that he is approved to fly. I know that sometimes this could be a pain in the arse, especially if you've parked up somewhere for the night and want return the next again day, but the beauty of the internet is that is global, and other people may want to fly while your sleeping. Its happened to me and I just bought a ticket to another airport and flew home. No need to post here and have a mini rant... so please... grow a pair. :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage