sound problem

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Taraman
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

sound problem

Post by Taraman »

Hi Guys. First time on site. I installed Rick Pipers Hawker Siddley. Normal sound goes for a little while then all of a sudden the engines sound changes to a high pitch wine. This mainly happens when I cycle though the views.
Unless I restart fs9 again any plane I choose to fly has the same high pitch wine. I did e-mail Rick and he directed me to this site. He was also right in
anticipating that I had a sound blaster audigy 2 sound card. Please any help would be much appriciated as it is too good to get rid off. Cheers

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

Welcome to the mad house Taraman.

I don't know what it could be, it works fine for me. Do you lose the sound or does it just stay high pitched?
"Sir!!! Yellow nosed b******s, twelve o'clock high!!!"

"Break formation, break!!!"

OneMacGuru
Meteor
Meteor

Post by OneMacGuru »

Hi Taraman and welcome to the insane part of the madhouse :shock:

As you cycle through the views you should hear different sounds but especially in spot view the viewpoint takes a couple of seconds to settle down. As it does so you tend to find the view zooming into the aircraft before settling back to the last selected viewing angle. You will hear the high pitched whine in spot view if you pause the sim especially.

As for the Audigy2 zs issue, sometimes the downloading of the latest drivers helps.

Al

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Taraman and welcome to our humble abode :wink:

As Al stated, there are changes in sound from inside to outside though being a simmer, you probably already know this. Try an easy fix first. Look at the sound quality you have set (it will probably be HIGH) and move it to MEDIUM. My hearing isn't good enough to distinguish much difference between the two settings and this seems to fix the problem with most Audigy cards :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

OneMacGuru
Meteor
Meteor

Post by OneMacGuru »

Sorry Taraman - forgot to mention an alternative driver for the Audigy. Have a look HERE.

Al

Taraman
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

re sound problem

Post by Taraman »

Thanks guys, I thought I had the latest drivers for my soundcard wich I obtained from the creative web site but using the drivers I downloaded from the website OneMacGuru stared me too has seemed to have fixed the problem. I had a good fly in the Hawker Siddely last night with no hiccups so
I hope thats cured that for good. Cheers Taraman