Flight Dynamics Question

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Graeme
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Graeme »

Hi All,

I've zipped up the changed CFG files I've been using. If anybody wants to play with them Click Here. (Haven't asked Marcel's permission, and I've only been playing with them, so I'll be removing the file in a few days). If you do look at them, please let me know how you get on.

2A, 2B and Trislander at the moment.

They seem to fly OK, the only issue I have is the main gear dust effect. I've tried moving all elements back one foot to correct this, but there must be something in the air file that is causing problems.

Remember to copy your existing aircraft.ini before putting these files in place, then run Marcel's BN_Instal.exe to create the cfg file. (PS. That's a great system, no more messing with the CFG file for repaints :-)

Tried and tested around the Scotflight Orkney.

Cheers,
--Graeme

Kevin
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Kevin »

AndyG,

OK, I'll give it a go - it's in a queue behind the Bev and Canberra PR9 so it'll be a few weeks!

Allan,

Sorry for the delay in replying - yes, I would like to see your's & Mark's work - I'll send you a PM with my e-mail address. What I aim to do is to take what I already have, pool it with everyone's ideas and produce something which we can agree resembles the Islander. That can be harder than starting from scratch, but in this case I think we are probably in agreement on the main changes.

Graeme,

I've downloaded your files, although I haven't looked at them yet. Thanks for reminding me about the Trislander (by including it in the FDEs).

What I have done for the MK Trislander on my machine is to take the Roger Guy Trislander's FDEs and combine them with Marcel K's systems to produce a much-better-flying set of FDEs. Roger Guy's Trislander is not as good visually as MK's but flies much better.

Cheers,

Kevin