Anyone with Radar Contact 4

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Anyone with Radar Contact 4

Post by Charlie Bravo »

I've just taken delivery of this and I'm awaiting my registration code. In the meantime, where can I download the 4.01 update?

All it says on the website is "Check your email from notification via the Google group". It might be me being slow as I've only just woken up after a 12 hour shift but I don't understand that.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Scrub that, I've recieved the key (within 10mins!!!!) and it contains the update link.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Let us know what you think Chris :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

Not getting interested are you, Dave? All that being told what to do and how and when to do it, where to go and how to get there - and then being told off when you don't do it either correctly or fast enough!!! Believe me, flying with RC4 is worse than being married. :lol: :lol: :lol:
PP

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

It's pretty good chaps. Much better than the MS boll*cks.

I haven't read the manual as I can't be arsed at the min, but it's pretty easy to get to grips with it. It wasn't a smooth flight as the panel I was using wasn't all that great but it's only since I used Radar Contact that I discovered that. (couldn't change the ILS freq, alt hold wasn't great etc)

I've gotta go out tonight but when I get back I'll prob do another flight with a good panel and I'll report back again.

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Anyone with Radar Contact 4

Post by PeteP »

Charlie Bravo wrote:I've just taken delivery of this
Chris,
I'm on the RC4 beta team and was responsible for the non-US procedures, phraseology and altimetry system so, if you get any problems in those areas, feel free to PM or email me. (pete at pcpitman dot freeserve dot co dot uk)
PP

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Many thanks Pete :dance:

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

I've had RC since version 2. Good that they updated for Europe in this version and I now see that Pete was involved :dance:

There was a mini panel that could be programmed to provide those multiple key presses by mouse clicking - intended for FS2002 but works ok for me in FS2004.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=11956

And if you have FSUIPC/WideFS, Radar Contact can be run from another PC over TCP/IP - helps reduce the load on the FS PC.

Ian

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

ianhind wrote:I've had RC since version 2.
Me too, Ian. I then joined the team to help develop V3 which was the first version with any serious attempt at internationalisation although it had very little compared to V4.
ianhind wrote:And if you have FSUIPC/WideFS, Radar Contact can be run from another PC over TCP/IP - helps reduce the load on the FS PC.
Yep - most of the development team run it that way. I'm one of the few who still creaks along on a single computer. :doh:
Pete

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Pete :smile:

No, I wasn't considering RC4 but it's always nice to hear what end-users have to say :wink:

I was always a big fan of ProFlight2000 (where a second pilot would have been a boon!!!) and was disappointed that it didn't get updated. We all hoped for greater things from M$ with 2002 and again with 2004 but neither even begin to come close to PF2000.

Should I ever feel the urge to experience ATC again, RC4 will be at the top of my list :wink: Wonder what M$ have in store for us with FSX?? :think:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!