Looking for a b727

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Looking for a b727

Post by blanston12 »

I am looking for a decent FS9 727 with VC, preferably freeware but payware recommendations would be welcome.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Freeware: Try the one made by Eric Cantu. No VC. I personaly use this one.
Payware: Try the Dreamfleet one.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Don't have any freeware ones, but I use the Captain Sim payware one. Not too sure how it compares with Dreamfleets, but it's good all the same!
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

mulletman
Viscount
Viscount

Post by mulletman »

Jetset wrote:Don't have any freeware ones, but I use the Captain Sim payware one. Not too sure how it compares with Dreamfleets, but it's good all the same!
I have the CS one (if you can read...you will know that) but i know that the Dreemfleet is far better. I wont ever upgrade, as the CS one is very good, and does everything i ask it to do. he Check and Set utility also makes flying fun.

If your going to get one, then get the Dreemfleet. Or scrap both and go Trident.
Image Image
Yes...and... I Like my Boeings.

LongHaul
Comet
Comet

Post by LongHaul »

The Erick Cantu/Vistaliners 727 is well worth getting, Its a very good model, notwithstanding the lack of a VC. The Vans Aircraft Co. also do a 727, it has the added covenience of a very good auto-installer, haven't flown it much tho

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

I fly the capt. sim one and I love it.
"Sir!!! Yellow nosed b******s, twelve o'clock high!!!"

"Break formation, break!!!"

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

I also have the Captain Sim one. I have never had any issues with it, although I heard on another forum somewhere that the flight dynamics where way off. I could'nt comment because I don't fly 727's for a living. Mr Cantu's model is a very decent freeware offering and probably IMHO, the best option if your not wanting to spend anything.

The Vistaliners model got a very good write up in PC Pilot, having been tested by a previous 727 Captain. Its really a case of weighing up all the options.

Whatever your decision matey, theres plenty to choose from. :wink:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

anzaq
Meteor
Meteor

Post by anzaq »

I've got the Captain Sim one as well and from what I remember, it was a very good model, but I haven't flown it for quite awhile as I'm more or less flying classic British aircraft now. Haven't tried Erick's model as I didn't see the need seeing that I had the CS one but if it is freeware that you want then that's the way to go. I've flown his 737-200 and if that is anything to go by then you won't be disappointed :smile:
Gordon

Angus
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Angus »

I have both the Captain Sim and Dreamfleet efforts, and used to have the Vistaliners and Vans models too. If you want a free one, then use the Vistaliners 727 and Richard Probst's panel, otherwise I would recommend the Dreamfleet 727. The Captain Sim 727 is good (especially the Just Flight-published boxed version (called "727 Professional") which has loads of liveries), but the Dreamfleet one is much better - it has a better panel, with a nice RXP weather radar, much better flight dynamics and includes winglet and other models. Very reasonably priced as well - I would recommend it.
"The wisest man is not the one who knows the most, but the one who realises he knows the least."

Angus

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Thanks for the info. I have the Vistaliner and its model is not bad but of course has no VC and no panel infact, you need to get another. I will try the Probst panel, I was testing the Kevin Mitchel which is not bad, but I was not totally happy with it.

I have seen the Captian Sim and Dreamfleet efforts on the web and without trying them its hard to tell them apart. One thing I worry about the payware packages is that sometimes they are a little too realistic, I never cared for going through pages of instructions just to start the engines.

Has anybody tried the AeroSim Classic Liners collection? It contains a 727 along with early 737's and 747's.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.