FT375

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

kikko
Comet
Comet

FT375

Post by kikko »

the last Royal Air Force Harvard II, FT375 sold by the Mod in the nineties has been bought by an italian pilot . I sow the plane on saturday 20 at an airshow near Milan. Beautiful plane, still in its Boscombe Down yellow colour. At the end of the dispaly it suffered serious damage due to a tailwind groundloop. Left landing gear broken, wings damage etc.
See on airliners.net (putting FT375 in the search window) a photo taken during the groundloop.

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

good save
he was about as close to crashing as you can get

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Oops a daisy. Thats a very impressive photo! :shock:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

migeater0
Lightning
Lightning

Post by migeater0 »

We've still got one!! It flies, then goes into deep maintanence.
The Sock Lives! Long Live The Sock!

kikko
Comet
Comet

Post by kikko »

I undestand the Harvard is an american plane but it has been so important in RAF and RCAF that I wonder why there is not an Harvard / Texan for FS9 (payware or not ) available except for the usual one done by Da Silva Bros years back. The quality was outstanding 3 years ago but now..I hope that the author of the Sabre (Ollsen) could continue the saga of immortal North American planes with a good Harvard ! I love it!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Indeed Kikko

It was built by North American

So it really should be on the CNB forum

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

LongHaul
Comet
Comet

Post by LongHaul »

There are AT-6s for FS9, just not a British one. I have a French navy SNJ-5 and US Navy SNJ-4 on my HD, wil have to give 'em a spin and report back on how good they are. There is also at least one Luftwaffe version available.

(In case you havent guessed, there are about a million designations for this type, but we called it the Harvard, and the US baseline was the AT-6 Texan, IIRC.)

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

kikko wrote:I undestand the Harvard is an american plane but it has been so important in RAF and RCAF that I wonder why there is not an Harvard / Texan for FS9 (payware or not ) available except for the usual one done by Da Silva Bros years back. The quality was outstanding 3 years ago but now..I hope that the author of the Sabre (Ollsen) could continue the saga of immortal North American planes with a good Harvard ! I love it!
I can understand why the type is mentioned in this forum as it has to be the oldest type still in service with a British Air Arm, having been taken on charge in 1944 and is now still on strength. A Harvard Mk.IIA was provisionly being built by Aeroworx, but this for reasons unknown to the betatesters (I for one being one of them) has shall we say been 'postponed'. I for one having a number of Harvard hours am really disappointed in this decision, as have felt that it is the most accurate Flightsim aeroplane, I've ever flown. Aeroplane Heaven in Australia are currently building a Harvard, Wirraway and Texan, so hopefully we will all see an authentic example in our virtual skies in the months ahead.

Martin

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Mark :-({|=
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.