Fuel Flight Planning

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Pete,

I've run the Viscount a couple of times (more expected) and have not seen a refuelling problem. I have added an old RKG Fuelstat gauge to my panel and have confirmed that what I've asked for, I've got.

What you need to be careful of is that if your total fuel requested is not enough to get into the outer tanks (quite likely) then you will have to open the pedestal and ensure the inter engine cocks are open (they're shut by default) and that the pumps for the outer tanks are switched OFF (on by default).

I couldn't confirm that by having the inter engine cocks closed would stop you taking fuel onboard as it heads for the inner tanks first. However, without the cocks being open and the outer tank pumps switched off, you will not be able to start engines 1 and 4. I know this from bitter experience as I forgot about it on a flight back from Jersey :wink: Mucho panic until I remembered the pumps!! :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

soggy
Comet
Comet

Post by soggy »

Hello dave,

Cheers for that i will see if it makes a difference.

Everydays a school day.

Cheers
Pete

soggy
Comet
Comet

Post by soggy »

RE the Viscount again,

I am trying again to do a flynet flight with the 800, the fuel gauges are not showing any fuel in the tanks, But by pressing shift z a couple of times flightsim says there is 19% on board (glasgow - birmingham). Engines 1&4 will start as per normal, yet no matter what i do i cannot get the low pressure lights on 2&3 to go out. I have spent an hour staring at the manual but nothing i have tried with the booster pumps and inter engine cocks seems to make a difference.

Looks like i am going to have to cancel my flight and take a hit in the wallet again.

:sad:

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Cheers

Pete

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Pete,

OK, try this. Before you start the client, put 100% fuel in the Viscount and leave your game UNPAUSED. Make sure that in your Flight Sim options (on the 'General' tab I think) 'Pause on task switch' in UNCHECKED. Select shift + Z a couple of times so that the fuel % shows. When you start the client and select 'Fly Booked Flight' the fuel figure immediately goes to 0%. When you refuel the kgs of fuel that you need, your fuel figure should now show the correct % fuel. If you are getting a % fuel load showing then the client IS refuelling your aircraft and it's a procedure prob to get the engines running.

Let me know how you get on.

Rgds

John

robbie
VC10
VC10

Post by robbie »

Hi Pete,
I'm reading your problem with the Viscount, I can only suggest you try a flight outside of Flynet, it could be one of their crazy defects sent to try you, There is nothing I can see that prevents you seeing fuel in your tanks, apart from not having the inverters powered up, but that doesn't affect the lp pump warning lights.
Even if you had the LP cocks shut in error, the lights still should be off with the pumps on, just in the model! of course!.
Try a couple of circuits with 50%fuel load, not with Flynet as I said, and let us know if all is ok?. the electrical system on the Viscount can be a bit strange.
I'm using this a/c constantly and haven't had this problem. :dunno:

Robbie.

soggy
Comet
Comet

Post by soggy »

Hello John & Robbie,

Flynet is refuelling the aircraft with the fuel i have requested however the gauges show empty and the low pressure lights will not go out for engines 2+3.I am thionking it could be because iam only requesting a smallish amount of fuel (19%) it is not spreading across the tanks as it should.

I have done the amendments to the aircraft cfg file as per the manual.
But i have never experianced this when flying the aircraft in the past (although all these flights were not using flynet).

Thanks for trying though gent's.

Cheers
Pete

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Pete,

Just double check and try the following please.

Make sure you have definately saved the [fuel] changes in the aircraft.cfg per the manual and you have four tank selectors

Make sure you have the Inverter switched to 'normal' - failure to do so will make fuel gauges inop.

With 19% fuel, flight sim will load all fuel into the inner tanks so the inter-engine fuel selectors should be open and BOTH pumps in each of the outer tanks should be OFF. If you only switch one pump off flightsim will still try and feed from the empty tanks

Rgds

John

soggy
Comet
Comet

Post by soggy »

I will double check all the above John,However i am going away for a week on saturday so i will probably wait until i get back before trying again.

Thanks for taking the time to try and help.

Cheers

Pete