Fuel Flight Planning

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

That sounds about right Dan. I've tried going up to FL350, and while I can get the consuption down to 1500 ish at this level, it drinks the juice getting there, so I've settled for FL320 and get an almost constant 1650. :wink:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Currently cruising at FL330 with 1630 kg/hr/engine at 91% power....so there.... I think my (Tonks') rule of thumb is quite good although a bit in the upper scale for FS-use....but they seem to suffy....BOAC never did earn money anyway ;-)
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

dom1
Meteor
Meteor

Post by dom1 »

Right! :dance:

I've done the return and used about 13 tonnes of fuel... I climbed up to FL320, flew at Mach 0.82 at 88% thrust and used 3440kg in the first 30 mins then 3160kg in the next 30 mins and 2960kg in the next 30 mins before descending during the next 30 mins... So, 1650kg/eng/hr works fine on mine too!!

So still below my original estimate but more than the "block fuel" figure that's just appeared for this flight on my logbook... Does anyone know if this is supposed to represent fuel used or an assumed average figure for the flight? Cos it shows 8922kg on this one which clearly isn't what I used in FS ! :think:

Way past my bedtime now anyway so I shan't overtax my (small) brain any further... :lol:

Dom
Dom Mahon
Aylesbury, UK

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Block fuel is how much gas is left when you landed, not how much you burned.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Chris Trott wrote:Block fuel is how much gas is left when you landed, not how much you burned.
Sorry Chris, Block fuel is in fact the fuel used. I confirmed this but checking my last flight, fuel in tanks was different than the block fuel value and block fuel + fuel in tanks = fuel I originally requested from the flynet client.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Yup.. must backup Joe on this one....
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Odd, because it's always been the amount that it shows in my tanks the next time I sign on to fly.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Chris Trott wrote:Odd, because it's always been the amount that it shows in my tanks the next time I sign on to fly.

Hi Chris,

It must be co-incidental. with some fo the VC10 flights showing block fuel of 33,000 kgs, I'd be well happy if that's what FlyNET left in the tanks.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

One way of checking this is to record the % fuel that FS9 shows on your aircraft displayed by using shift + z.

As soon as you select 'fly booked flight' the client resets the fuel to 0% and then waits for you to 'refuel'.

Once you have refuelled and are back in cockpit, make a note of the % fuel.
At the end of the flight make a note of the % fuel when you select the parking brake. We should then be able to cross reference with flynet +/- 1% of the max fuel capacity, as FS9 rounds up/down to give whole number % fuel state - quite a bit on the VC10.

Rgds

John

soggy
Comet
Comet

Post by soggy »

Hello all,

I am having the same problem as rick had with the viscount.

Did you manage to work it out rick?

If not has anybody got a solution to the problem?

Cheers
Pete