DC3 Fuel Tanks

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

david balmer

DC3 Fuel Tanks

Post by david balmer »

is the DC3 for flynet based on the fs9 default aircraft with three fuel tanks. reason being that fuel placed on board MAAM DC3 via flynet only goes to three out of the four fuel tanks. might it be possible to check and update aircraft conf for the Maam Dc3 within flynet pls.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi David,

I don't think the flynet system is based on anything other than what data is input.. eg, like the info we were asking for on here.. basic data. It is likely that the MAAM DC3 has custom tanks and gauges to operate them mate and this could be the cause of your odd loading. Speculation mind you :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Did you get a 100% load of fuel? As an experiment, start a flight and buy a full load of fuel. Check how much fuel is in the 4th tank, then kill flynet, then cancel your flight and start the flight again for real.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dave,

We have a similar 'problem' with the Viscount. It's not FlyNET thats the culprit, it's the way FS9 loads the fuel. FlyNET calls for a kgs wt fuel to be loaded which is loaded through fsuipc.
On the Viscount the fuel goes to the inners first and with a light fuel load the outers remain empty so x-feed has to be used to feed the outer engines. My guess is the same for the MAAM DC3. Check the 'change fuel and payload' option in FS9 and see what max kgs you can get into the MAAM, and then as Joe says, do a trial fuel load to max kgs and see if FlyNET/FSUIPC gives you 100% then exit FlyNET and restart your flight with the fuel load you really want.
Please report back with your findings.

Rgds

John

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

ok the tanks all showed full, strange thing is i asked for 1000lbs of fuel but gauges showed 2300lbs . i'll figure this strage fueling for this old bird.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

david balmer wrote:ok the tanks all showed full, strange thing is i asked for 1000lbs of fuel but gauges showed 2300lbs . i'll figure this strage fueling for this old bird.
Ah, you must have asked for 1000kg that converts to about 2200lbs.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

stranger still, i have just looked at the old bird and she has 260kg of fuel. now i have only burned 160kg so where has the rest of the fuel gone. :think: alas i was not charged for the extra so it don't matter much.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Keep this up David. I've just got myself type rated on the DC3's and if it turns out to be problematic.. I'll send my license back!! :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

david balmer wrote:stranger still, i have just looked at the old bird and she has 260kg of fuel. now i have only burned 160kg so where has the rest of the fuel gone. :think: alas i was not charged for the extra so it don't matter much.
Hi Dave,

I think the only time the client can be confused about loading fuel is if fs9 is paused during refuelling. As soon as fs9 is unpaused I think the current actual fuel state will be updated in the client when fsuipc transmits the data. Looking at the flight logs for PP, the fuel doesn't look adrift re charges. The fuel remaining in an aircraft is only as accurate as the last flight. If the last flight is paused during refuelling then there will be a discrepancy between what you thought was loaded, what you burnt and what remains.

Rgds

John

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

john the other day i did the test of fueling the old bird full, this was to check the gauges. then i closed flynet and fs9. reloaded and placed 400kgs of fuel. everything looked good. last flight i loaded 550kg as per flynet. the gauges in the aircraft showed over 2400lb. i know my maths ain't that good but 550kg don't make 2400lbs. so i will clear the fuel tanks and reload to get things back to normal i hope.

note for dave b. be warned the default dc3. she will overspeed very easily, the confg for lift is somewhere around 700ft per min. in reality should be 500ft. this makes a landing speeds tricky. i belive there are DC3's default that have been modified and perform better. have a look at mark beaumont's site, lots of british repaints and great looking panels.