SCS Tu-134A Version 9.5 is now availabe

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Hi John,

do you know if a Balkan Holidays colour scheme has been released for the PT 154? Thats one cool scheme that I can't find anywhere? :dunno:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1059271/M/

I know your the man in the know with the Ruskie stuff! :wink:

ATB
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Ooh, where does that go to? Would be interesting to fly on that just to compare the experience to the Boeings and Airbuses we all use these days. I suspect that has a lot more character. For me its got to be the nicest airliner they have made aesthetically, save perhaps for the Tu-144.

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

TobyVickers wrote:Ooh, where does that go to? Would be interesting to fly on that just to compare the experience to the Boeings and Airbuses we all use these days. I suspect that has a lot more character. For me its got to be the nicest airliner they have made aesthetically, save perhaps for the Tu-144.
Hmm. The 154 has a lot of character. Shame NATO refer to it as a CARELESS!

My personal favourite has got to be the 134. Again given a very unrewarding codename, but its almost comical to hear a CRUSTY has just flown in! Sadly a very rare sight in British skies these days. :sad:

Still looking good for 40 plus though!!

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I had a further seach on a.net, seems they fly to Manc, Humberside, Glasgow etc etc... basically anywhere except near where I live. Perhaps only northerners and Scots go on holiday to the Balkans :dunno:

Theres loads of good videos of it on flightlevel350.com . I searched for Malev ones and one clip also shows what appears to be an RAF VC10 hiding behind a lot of scaffolding in a hangar at Ferihegy.... looks like it was in for a respray :lol:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

VEGAS wrote:Hi John,

do you know if a Balkan Holidays colour scheme has been released for the PT 154? Thats one cool scheme that I can't find anywhere? :dunno:

ATB
Eddie, its suddenly occurred to me, the reason why that scheme hasnt been painted (along with quite a few others thinking about it), is that their aircraft are Tu-154M whereas the PT model is a Tu-154B, which differs (at the least) in the engines and the shape of the middle engine exhaust nozzle.

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

TobyVickers wrote:
VEGAS wrote:Hi John,

ATB
Eddie, its suddenly occurred to me, the reason why that scheme hasnt been painted (along with quite a few others thinking about it), is that their aircraft are Tu-154M whereas the PT model is a Tu-154B, which differs (at the least) in the engines and the shape of the middle engine exhaust nozzle.
Aw shucks! :doh: I did'nt even consider that. Oh well, it was a dream for a short while anyway! :sad:

I might consider buying the IG Fly TU-154M, which looks the business as well.

Although it seems a shame to buy it as the PT model is incredible and has probably dinted the sales of the IG Fly model. :think:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Downloaded the 154, 134 and IL-62 and they are great. I now have them wizzing about as AI... the only snag seems to be that they have a death wish... on approachthey wait until just off the threshold and then nose dive to the runway! :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

calypso
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by calypso »

VEGAS wrote:Aw shucks! :doh: I did'nt even consider that. Oh well, it was a dream for a short while anyway! :sad:

I might consider buying the IG Fly TU-154M, which looks the business as well.

Although it seems a shame to buy it as the PT model is incredible and has probably dinted the sales of the IG Fly model. :think:
All is not lost.

Project Tupolev Tu-154M (very beta!) is available here.

VC not yet complete and lots of work still to be done.

Check out the animated flight crew and don't forget to click on the door handle to bring up the passenger cabin.

Oh, those Russians!

http://www.sovietwings.com/html/PTTu-15 ... L_TEST.rar

Remember to right-hand click on the link and use "save link as...."

John

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Downloading this one, thanks John. I have a little scenery idea in mind as a backdrop for the -154, watch this space :wink:

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

s that their aircraft are Tu-154M whereas the PT model is a Tu-154B, which differs (at the least) in the engines and the shape of the middle engine exhaust nozzle
Toby,

Yes I looked at that photo and wondered why it looked so different to most of the TU-154 that I have seen. Thanks for confirming the engines are different.

Ian