...oh and a new Boulton Paul Balliol

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

John
Concorde
Concorde

...oh and a new Boulton Paul Balliol

Post by John »

balliol2.zip

Again an 'Ito' and at all nodes

regards

John

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

I think the man must be on something, whatever it is I want it!! Four releases in one go, and they look to be a decent standard as well - although I expect the FDE boys will still be bale to help us!

AndyG

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

Remember the Auster Mk.9 was all my doing......well I happened to mention that my 2nd favourite aeroplane of all time (Harvard No.1 (boo hiss)) was the old Balliol and lo and behold within a short period of time I had one on my PC. I've had her for weeks in various forms and versions and the one you have today is the most current.

When I posted that plea a few weeks ago regarding Balliol dive brakes, I thought someone would have twigged and on the FlyPast forum I posted a screenshot showing a Tiger Moth, 9 and a Balliol in the background, but no never received a 'What is that?'.

So what you have is my miss doing again. Remember when the 9 was released I said I had sent Mr Ito a package containing plans of the Balliol and others, well this and the Seamew may be the start of some more.

It looks good after a lot of tweaking, but well it goes like a bat out of hell. Nothing changes there.

Best wishes,

Martin

Kazunori sent me an email today stating that he had had a email from the gentleman that owned XR240 before we did and said that he was very pleased that the aeroplane had been replicated. Bet it never went that fast when he flew it.

briwith
Viscount
Viscount

Post by briwith »

If anyone has the Pilots' Notes and can give me some data, I will see what I can do about the FDE :smile: I'm afraid I'm a bit too busy to do my own research at the moment :sad:

ATB,

Brian

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

briwith wrote:If anyone has the Pilots' Notes and can give me some data, I will see what I can do about the FDE :smile: I'm afraid I'm a bit too busy to do my own research at the moment :sad:

ATB,

Brian
I have a set at home. Will have a little read and report back.

Martin

briwith
Viscount
Viscount

Post by briwith »

Thanks Martin - I am particularly interested in the limitations (especially engine limitations and settings), handling (take-off, stalling and landing important) and fuel consumption data. In the meantime I'll make a start on the Seamew.

Regards,

Brian W

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

I don't suppose T6 you asked for a Sea Bally-hole at all? :smile: :smile:

Mark :-({|=
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

migman29 wrote:I don't suppose T6 you asked for a Sea Bally-hole at all? :smile: :smile:

Mark :-({|=
Umm well not really. Kazunori only had a few references to hand when he built the first example and I suppose most were of the Sea Balliol currently at Cosford. My package arrived a little later and so I presume he just continued with what he had been doing and what we have now is the end result.

The original one I had, had three seats, no dive brakes (reference my plea for info) and a somewhat different nose.

It would be nice to see one in RAF colours though.

I had a look in flightsim.com last night at all things Balliol and remembered that I got a friend of mine in the states (Bill Black) to build me one for FS5.1. Saw that was still available last night!!

Will try and produce the pilot's notes as soon as possible, but am so busy at work at the moment, might be a few days before I come up with the goods.

Martin