Designated bases for fleet aircraft

New pilots report here for all info regarding recruitment and airline rules.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Fraser/John..

Re the Viscounts..
There are a number of different routes I'd like to try and having spent day's looking at the 'Flights From...' section, the most common aircraft for me to use (without having to buy a ticket or leave it stranded for any length of time) is the Viscount. If I can have a type rating on the 800's.. I'll try and give them a bit more use. Will post a request at Flynet :smile:

Fraser.. let me know if you have a favourite aircraft and I'll make sure I leave it alone. If there are 2 plus a spare at any given location.. I'll go for the low/no hours aircraft :wink:

John.. re 'Personal Hacks'...
Are there any intentions to bring these into play or do we stick with the Doves for now??

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

DaveB wrote: John.. re 'Personal Hacks'...
Are there any intentions to bring these into play or do we stick with the Doves for now??

ATB

Hi Dave,

The Doves are, in effect, the personal hacks. I have tried to make a mini-network between the bases and we just happen to have some interline passengers wanting to travel with us on them :wink: . Not all bases are linked directly, so, depending where you want to postion to, it may involve a few sectors to get there. You can leave a Dove anywhere you like, I can move them if they start to pile up at a particular airport.

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi John,

That's great. I'd considered buying a Chippie for my 'personal hack' should it be integrated though flying up to Scotland from down south to pick an aircraft up would involve more than a couple of fuel stops!!! :shock: The Dove will be great for this and as it's one of my fave aircraft, I'm more than happy to run her.. with a few fare paying guests :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

KerZonk!!

John..
Trawling through the list of flights out of Manchester, I notice a gallon of Viscounts. However, when viewing the fleet.. there aren't any based there :think: Is this a case of there will be or perhaps not looking at the listing you posted above??

ATB

ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Dave

A bit of lateral thinking is needed. I've purposefully kept the Bases to as few as reasonable. To get to the Manchester flights you will have to rotate through another 'Base'. For example, from Gatwick to Belfast, upon arrival Belfast you have ten destinations to choose from as well as back to Gatwick. Using the Bases specified it gives you access to the whole network but with fewer chances of 'losing' an aircraft to someone else :wink: .

Rgds

John

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

DaveB wrote:Hi John,

That's great. I'd considered buying a Chippie for my 'personal hack' should it be integrated though flying up to Scotland from down south to pick an aircraft up would involve more than a couple of fuel stops!!! :shock: The Dove will be great for this and as it's one of my fave aircraft, I'm more than happy to run her.. with a few fare paying guests :wink:

ATB

Hi Dave

I had considered letting each pilot buy their own Dove but I don't pay you enough to run her :wink: . All fuel and maintenance costs would come from your own wallet. You'd also have to find your way back to her to ferry yourself to the next stop. I think the Doves as they are should work well - more are already being re-furbished :smile:.

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi John,

Rgr on both accounts. Lateral thinking is not what I do well on a hot Sunday afternoon.. posting in the few available minutes I had. The thought did occur to me when I went back downstairs that this is probably what would happen. :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Graeme
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Graeme »

Oops, Just noticed this thread... Hope I didn't inadvertatly take someones aircraft :-$

Anyway, Regarding the Dove as an "personal hack", can I just pick one with 100% and no fuel then keep using it? Or do we have allocated aircraft?

Cheers,
--Graeme

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Graeme..

I think thats the general idea mate. Make a note of where it came from just in case but anything with 100% should be ok.. that is unless its just come out of maint and the previous user is waiting for it! :shock: Best to check it's flightlog as well :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Just a reminder to everyone -

If you want your own airplane, you can buy any one out of the stable if you've got enough money. I'm personally saving up for a nice high performance single (like a C210) for my personal airplane to allow me to make transfers to new hubs on occasion instead of taking the Dove or buying a ticket.