Designated bases for fleet aircraft

New pilots report here for all info regarding recruitment and airline rules.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Designated bases for fleet aircraft

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

An update with links to where you can get info on the designated bases for each of the Fleet aircraft :-

CBFS Guidelines

Each aircraft has a designated base or, in most cases, multiple bases. If you fly it - we ask that you bring it
back to a base. Aircraft bases can be found on the CBFS Fleet Status link CBFS Fleet Status - select aircraft
type & click 'Display'. Alternatively, anywhere on the FSAirlines website where you see a registration
hyperlinked, the link will take you to the specific aircraft information page. We have utilised the 'Name' field
to show where the aircraft is based.

These are the 'rules':-

a) A pilot may take any aircraft if it is at one of its designated bases.

b) A pilot is responsible for that aircraft whilst it is away from one of its designated bases.

c) No pilot may take an aircraft if it is away from one of its designated bases - it is to be assumed another
pilot has responsibility of that aircraft.

d) A pilot is not to abandon an aircraft away from one of its designated bases for any extended period of
time. Management pilots reserve the right to relocate aircraft back to a designated base if this occurs.

e) If there is an aircraft at the base that you have flown before then use that aircraft. If you have not flown
any of the aircraft at that base, then take an aircraft that has not already been fuelled and refuel it. Hopefully
this will spread the load of pilots taking 'first hit' of a 'new' aircraft.

f) Pilots should not take aircraft if the aircraft status is under 96%.

h) There are no recognised bases for the Dove and as such are available for anyone that needs to transfer
to another airport. If more than one Dove is available, rule e) applies.

Regards

John
Last edited by RAF_Quantum on 24 May 2007, 17:19, edited 14 times in total.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi John,

I don't want to pour scorn over the Merchantman locations but I'm still seething at losing my 100% rating for withdrawing the landing lights early and am MIGHTY pi@@ed off. I was over 1340ft ASL from Jer and engaging AP/FSNav sent the speed up to around 180kts (lamp withdraw speed is 160kts) so.. I pulled em in and got the BONG :curse: Konny can shove is -5% right where the sun don't shine!!

Anyway.. the AirBridge Merchantmen regularly ran Belfast to Coventry (amongst others) unless I've lost the plot.

I may have calmed down by the morning.. but I doubt it :curse:

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Dave, it's 1000 AGL. 1840 may not be 1000AGL.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yup.. I realised that all too late. Never mind, I could have binned the flight to maintain 100%.. but I couldn't have lived with the guilt :sad: The only bummer is that once 100% has gone.. it's gone for good and 99.9% just isn't the same some how :sad:

Lessons learned all round :crying:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

I would have liked to have seen the Viscounts allocated differently to allow for the schedules (we don't have enough a/c at he moment). Perhaps the 800's we do have could have been viz: (Additional aircraft in parenthesis)

Leeds - AOYO, AOYR

Newcastle - AOYL

Cardiff - AOYI (AOYN)

Liverpool- AOYS (AOYM)

Bristol - AOYG (AOYP)

Heathrow APEX (AOHV AOJC)

Jersey AOHK (AOHO AOJD)

Guernsey AOHT

Glasgow AOJF AOHH (AOHS AOJB)

Aberdeen AOHL (AOHI)

(Inverness AOJE)

Birmingham APIM (AOHG AOHW AOHN AOHR)

East Midlands AVJB (AZNA AZNB AZLT AZLR)

Southend AVNJ

Aldergrove (AOHM)

Gatwick (AZLS)

Ronaldsway (AOYJ)

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Fraser,

I'm trying to keep bases to a sensible number to allow for aircraft type changes and maximise the time you can 'keep' an aircraft . The routes allow you to fly into one of the outlying airports and then take a 'tour of duty' so to speak knowing that the aircraft will remain in your care without it being whipped from under you. See how we go with this and we can review it in due course if need be.

Rgds

John

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Fair enough John,

I just felt that for those with limited time, it's difficult to do the routes you prefer if, say, you have to take an aircraft from Glasgow to Jersey, then on to Leeds just to do a Leeds to Heathrow return flight, as well as having to get it back to Glasgow via wherever, which in this example would be six flights of 1 to 2 hours duration. I guess it depends on the definition of "extended period of time" :roll:

Also we are operating the route structures of several airlines with different bases and night stopping arrangements as a single operation.

Fraser

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

THe problem with the viscounts is that we still have six of them at Munchen (EDDM) with no routes out for them. Maybe we should add a route from EDDM->EGLL so we can get them into rotation. If this was not a historic route for them we can just make it one way.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

blanston12 wrote:THe problem with the viscounts is that we still have six of them at Munchen (EDDM) with no routes out for them. Maybe we should add a route from EDDM->EGLL so we can get them into rotation. If this was not a historic route for them we can just make it one way.
Hi Joe,

They are all 700srs aircraft plus there are another four at Chicago, New York and Paris. Until we get routes for them, I can't see the point of moving them. The fleet is as diverse as this to cater for all tastes. In this case Fraser's taste is the 800's so moving them will not help matters.

Viscount Cornbank wrote:I just felt that for those with limited time, it's difficult to do the routes you prefer if, say, you have to take an aircraft from Glasgow to Jersey, then on to Leeds just to do a Leeds to Heathrow return flight, as well as having to get it back to Glasgow via wherever, which in this example would be six flights of 1 to 2 hours duration. I guess it depends on the definition of "extended period of time" :roll:

Fraser
Hi Fraser,

You've got pretty much the pick of the fleet at the moment as you are the only pilot consistently flying them. If I made all the airports you mention 'bases' then it would spread the fleet thin. With 5 bases and the current fleet of 15 800srs aircraft we can put 3 aircraft at each base with a spare. I am quite happy for you to take one anywhere you wish, as I know you will utilise it. I didn't want an aircraft to be 'parked up' for any length of time at an airport other than a 'base'. So basically, if a pilot is using the aircraft and hasn't just done a 'one-way' and abandoned it I have no problem with them keeping an aircraft for as long as they need. I am also happy for the aircraft to be maintained as and when needed at whatever airport it happens to be at, as long as the pilot picks up the aircraft after maintenance and continues using it. I'm trying to safeguard aircraft availability and also stop the 'my aircraft's gone!' syndrome.

Of the 16 800 srs aircraft currently on the fleet, only 4 have been used so far.

Rgds

John

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

OK John, that suits me. If I switch types, I'll make sure the last Viscount is returned to its base :wink:

I have German internal 1-11/Viscount schedules if required. They will be rather popular at the mo with all the footie. Hey yesterday England were in the final, today they've won the cup! Congratulations! Seriously we know its only the w*****r commentators and not so much the lay Englishperson :wink:

Cheers

Fraser