Missing Comet virtual cockpit & wierd engine sound.

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chocks Away
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Chocks Away »

I downloaded the dh Dragon Rapide recently & have been flying that quite a lot along with the Meteor & as long as I have those 2 I couldn't be put off :roll:

I put the Trident sound into the Meteor as a temp. measure until I can get proper sounds, & the SR1 into the Hunter as the Lear sound just didn't do them justice. I'm told there is the Hunter sound at Simvation & the Meteor at Flightsim so ashopping I must go! I must also send some dosh for my downloads.

The trouble is being new to this, is knowing where to go for the good stuff. I saw a SR Princess at Simvation - any thoughts on that? Are, indeed, those Simvation downloads OK?

Cheers & I don't think I'll get the Barabzon!
Terry.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

You can use the soundpack included with my Hunter trainers with the single seaters.
You have got my Hunter T's haven't you? :lol:
Or there is hawkrrav.zip on flightsim.com, but I prefer the the sounds in my pack.
Dave G.

Chocks Away
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Chocks Away »

Gosh - I feel I am in the presence of Greatness!! Thanks for the T info & I'm sad to say I don't have them so I must go back on the web to get them.
If that sounds strange it's because I have Apple Macs here in my study & the pc is in another room, grandly called the Library & I have to lug it all in here
when needs be.

I did get your Hunters & the Wallis gyro, & the Meteor which is brilliant, but best of all, the dh Rapide. I'm smitten with it. :-({|= I walked round the one in the museum at Hurn/Bournemouth not long ago & never imagined getting one for fs9. I will send some dosh for my downloads, by the way.

Thanks again for the T info,
Terry.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Thanks for your kind words :redface: :smile:
The Meteor isn't mine though, that's one of Rick's babys.
Dave G.

Chocks Away
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Chocks Away »

I got the Ts yesterday evening - yum yum :smile: The sound is much better so I'll put all the others on it.

I am kissing the tarmac with the Rapide on flights from Bournemouth to the IOW & around & then swapping it for a Hunter for a quick trip around North Wales & scaring the sheep in the process I've no doubt. These are 2 wondeful additions to the hangar - thank you!

I remember seeing Neville Duke scream down the runway at Farnborough
when I was 9 or 10 - a flash of red followed by a deafening roar & he & the Hunter were gone. It was an unforgetable moment :-({|= Now I have my own!

Cheers,
Terry.