Can I pick your collective brains please?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

Ben Watson wrote:The only airline in the British Isles (I'm including Ireland here) to operate the DC 8 was Aer Tauras
I was going to crack a joke about that statement being "a load of old bull" but I guess it was just a typo - I think you meant Aer Turas. :wink: :wink: :wink:
PP

Pielstick
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Pielstick »

Cheers everyone! I ask because I restrict my FS hangar to aircraft that are/were operated from UK and Ireland.

Here's another one: UK operators of the MD-80 series? The only one I know of is Airtours, I believe they flew 3 MD-83s in the early to mid 90's before they switched to the A320.

Did anyone else fly the MD-80 series from the UK?
The two best tools in any engineer's inventory are brute force and ignorance and he should always live by the engineer's motto "Bodge it and scarper!"

360shed
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by 360shed »

BIA had a couple of MD80s, and on the freighter side Hunting operated 727s which transferred over to the Irish reg and then to Air Contractors following ownership change. EI-HCI was the last aircraft, ferried out of DUB on 7th May 2004 down to South Africa. There have also been quite a few exec 727s based in the UK - VR-CBA is one I flew on many moons ago.

Jon