Rehabilitation of Offenders

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

Chris

Perhaps this will make more sense than the drivel you have just expounded

Dis brillig en die glyme likkedis
Drool en drindel in die weib
Bibberkolies is die borogis
En die vniere rode sneib.

Pas op vir die Brabbelwog, my seun!
Sy tande byt, sy kloue gryp!
Pas op vir die Joepjoepvoël se dreun
En die wroedige Ribberknyp!'

Hy vat sy swerpe sabel vas
En soek die afgemankste ding--
By die Toemtoemboom met die ronde kwas
Gaan staan hy eers en dink.

Hy staan nog daar en drommeldroom
Toe kom die Vuuroog-Brabbelwog:
Hy swiep daar uit die warboelboom
En borbel boonop nog!

Een, twee! Een, twee! Die swerpe swaard
Vlym heen en weer dwarsdeur.
Hy gryp die kop vas aan die baard
En galuppel huistoe weer.

'Het jy die Brabbelwog verslaan?
Kom, dit moet ons vier.
O praglik dag! Hoerá! Hef aan!'
Hy gig-lag van plesier

Dis brillig en die glyme likkedis
Drool en drindel in die weib
Bibberkolies is die borogis
En die vniere rode sneib.

Its Afrikaans if you had'nt noticed

Sean
Last edited by Avant-Garde-Aclue on 15 Jun 2006, 23:26, edited 2 times in total.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Chris,

Your description of the whole number issue does not make sence to me since if you want to look at the percentages as whole numbers the only valid values would be 100 or 0 since percentages are always assumed to be divided by one hundered.

I think want you really mean is all the values are multiplied together (max pax * price factor * airline % * pilot %) and then rounded to the nearest whole number.

If as you say a pilot factor > 95 is treated as 100 thats fine as far as the financials, but not for the ego.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

I can only repeat my self: It's the feeling....to heck with the math.
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Agreed Dan!
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

Avant-Garde-Aclue

To get back on topic, why can an airline lose reputation through pilots screwing up and then after while regain a 120 figure whilst individual pilots cannot regain 100% ratings? Maths, statistics and babbling incoherently does not answer this question

Sean

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

It is my humble opinion that it is simple matter of reprogramming the Pilot stats, instead of generation an overall average (thus always get a result lower that 100%) than bring in a time factor or a simple counter...:

1. For each flight increase the counter with one (continue this say 100 times, this means that the "base-stat" will be reset for every 100 flights)
2. Read the counter to decide if it is time to reset the "base-stat".
3. If it is then reset the counter and the "base-stat".

Repeat this forever...or incorporate as an eventhandler depending on the way it is programmed

The calculation-type will then rely on the current "base-stat" to calculate the average, thus give you a 100% stat every 100 flights...

I know this is a quick and dirty way of doing it, and there is a few gaps ie.: What if you are a lousy pilot, should you then be "allowed" to raise to 100% every 100 flight? So one might take some kind of action on NumberOf100PercentFlights into calculation.....

I'm sure that with a little tweaking of the program the "problem" could easily be solved. But of cause with some predicaments
Last edited by DanKH on 16 Jun 2006, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

It appears to me that while there is some fancy math for the airlines reputation, the pilots is very simple, add up the results from all that pilots flights, divide by the number of flights. My my math says one 95% flight would take 99 perfect flights so that 99.95 would be rounded up to 100%.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

LongHaul
Comet
Comet

Post by LongHaul »

OK,

If Ive understood all of the above correctly (and someone please tell me if I havent), an airline can drop from a maximum rating (120 in this case0 then regain that rating through improved performance - but a pilot cannot do likewise with his personal rating. That, to my mind at least, seems nonsensical. If the collective efforts of all of a VA's pilots can operate to increase the VA's reputation, why is it that the efforts of an individual pilot to better himself make no difference to his personal rating? Surely that defeats the object of flying in a VA? I have improved massively as a virtual pilot through the training process for CBFS, and through the flights I have flown on FlyNET. If this is not reflected by the software, what is the difference between me flying offline and flying logged flights in FlyNET? At the risk of reiterating a point already well made, it is all very well saying 99.5% and 100% are the same thing to the financial model, but the financial model is useless without pilots who feel that they can improve and attain that 100% rating. Likewise, the rating itself is worthless if it subsequently fails to give the pilot an advantage over pilots who arent 100% (which is the import of Chris's posts so far).

Sorry if this has given folks eyestrain/brainstrain (I have both at the moment!), but I just want to clarify how the system rewards pilots for thier own efforts to improve.

Rich

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

While having a fag, I just dreamed this simple solution up:

If you want to display a pilots average rating % then why not take the average of say the last 50 or 100 flights?

This way it will always be a good indication of your skills, and having the last 50 or 100 flights perfect will automatically result in a 100% rating.

KISS (keep it stupid simple)
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

Avant-Garde-Aclue

The point of what I started out saying is not to gain advantage over fellow pilots, but to give all pilots an equal opportunity to regain their intitial start out rating of 100% even after having made a few faux pas. Surely this is not impossible no matter how complicated or convoluted some people want to make the math. It can be disheartening to those having flown many flights without a screw up to have their record tarnished without the means to regain former status. This I feel has nothing to do with VA earnings more a matter of personal pride in doing something to the best of ones ability. I brought this subject up tongue in cheek, but there are some valid points raised and I think its probably time for these comments to be put forward to the author of the flyNET client to sort out.

Regards

Sean