FSX

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

FSX

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Well, having read many comments and seen many pictures of FSX, I have officially decided that I will not be buying it when it comes out.

FS2004 was released on August 1st 2003 and in 3 years MS have added a few silly missions, enhanced the graphics, and........erm........

3 years, the same graphics engine, no reports of enhanced ATC, same crap aircraft, what have they been doing?
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

I am with you on that!

Even with a computer that was only upgraded a few months ago, and a 3 year old program, it still doesn't run brilliant. Textures don't appear straight away and it stutters. Doesn't seem to matter what tweaks you do to it.

Really p#@}}s me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huf:
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Well if everyone stays with 04, I'll be happy, because I might have at least an icicle in hell's chance of finishing all the scenery projects i have planned :redface: :doh:

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Frankly Im amazed

I said basically the same thing about 3 months ago in a thread and got royally flamed by a bunch of folks (many of whom I had never seen
on the website before) Guess it doesnt pay to be John the Baptist

Leif

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

DispatchDragon wrote:Frankly Im amazed

I said basically the same thing about 3 months ago in a thread and got royally flamed by a bunch of folks (many of whom I had never seen
on the website before) Guess it doesnt pay to be John the Baptist

Leif
I've read a thread on Avsim where everybody that made comments like mine got flamed.
Those are the idiots that don't work in aviation or have no real avaition knowledge ie they think the current ATC system is the dogs ...... etc etc

Then you've got the "well it's still in it's beta phase" brigade. Get over it, it's got the same graphics engine, very similar textures with not a lot else. It will still be the same when it's released.

Anyone who wants to flame me can can get the feck outta my thread :tuttut:
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Ta CB - I feel the same - I have seen nor read anything that makes me
even come close to wanting to by it - and I think I got flamed specifically for saying their little video about oil rigs and fires was missing only whatshername the tomb raider riding the skid of the helicopter.

which of course isnt entirely an objectionable idea :wink:

Leif

LongHaul
Comet
Comet

Post by LongHaul »

A good idea indeed Leif...it might even push FSX towards being buyable! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I certainly wont be getting it though, I dont fancy buying a nre PC (or spending the eqivalent cash on upgrading this one), just to run agame that looks and sounds the same as the one I have now. Nice try Mr Gates, but the plastic is staying firmly in my pocket! :tuttut: :huf:

Dyl Roberts
Trident
Trident

Post by Dyl Roberts »

I won't be bying it either......... what I've seen so far hasn't impressed me in the slightest.

The jump from FS8 To FS9 was significant where the WX & graphics were concerned, but this time arround, they just havent improved anything except making a similar product even more memory & graphically hungry.

Shove it up your A$$ Gates! .......... With Splinters on it.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I don't know guys, from what I have seen the terrain system seams much improved. Plus since this version will support multi processor systems like the new dual core chips. I think the performance is going to be greatly improved on those systems.

I have a friend who works for M$ who is a private pilot and on the FSX test team. Since he is a team player and has signed the NDA he won't give me any specifics, and he seams very enthusiastic about this release.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Ed Walters
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Ed Walters »

I think the problem at the moment is a lack of information. At the moment, there's not much info at all about what's changed in FSX - those who know can't say, and those who don't know are forced to speculate based on a few screenshots. I'm not flaming anyone at all, but I think that dismissing a new product at this stage is a bit premature.

One thing to remember is depending on how much things have changed, developers may phase out development for FS9, in much the same way as development for FS8 has virtually disappeared. If the development requirements of FSX have changed significantly, then it makes it uneconomical to build for two different sims.