For any IE7 users....

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Sl4yer
Trident
Trident

For any IE7 users....

Post by Sl4yer »

I installed IE7 a couple of weeks ago. I'm curious like that!

It didn't cause me any problems until tonight, when I had a fly. As soon as I tried to open the clipboard in FS2004, the screen turned black until FS9 crashed.

The solution (as I found on the net) is to remove the file OLEACC.DLL from your FS2004 root directory. This worked fine for me, although I've left it in the Recycle Bin just in case.

I found this Googling on another forum. Just thought it might be useful to people here. :wink:

James

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Any issues with Internet Explorer are easily solved by installing Firefox and never using IE again :wink:
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Dyl Roberts
Trident
Trident

Post by Dyl Roberts »

Charlie Bravo wrote:Any issues with Internet Explorer are easily solved by installing Firefox and never using IE again :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Been using IE7 since beta 1 and no problems here, but then I haven't been using the clipboard... I'll give it a go, thanks for the tip. :smile:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

andy

Post by andy »

Chris,
I have had more spyware problems with Mozilla and Firefox than I care to think about.

I installed Kaspersky pro which pointed the finger at Mozilla every time.

I went back to IE, and haven't had a problem since.

I run spybot s&d, adaware, and Kaspersky everyday, and my system is clean. It wasn't when I was using Mozilla products.

That is just my personal experience, but it works for me.

Sl4yer
Trident
Trident

Post by Sl4yer »

Ben Watson wrote:Been using IE7 since beta 1 and no problems here, but then I haven't been using the clipboard... I'll give it a go, thanks for the tip. :smile:
Drat! Of course I meant the kneeboard! :tuttut:

I'm using Beta 2. Can't say I prefer it to IE6. The real fun will begin when I get my Vista Beta 2 DVD! Now...how brave am I? :think:

James

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

If you have a spare peice of kit to run the beta's on its great having the oppertunity to play with them,. One thing on Vista is there are very limited graphics card support.... and it NEEDS a 3D card for the basic opperation. Hope you enjoy it though, it has some nice features. :wink:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

andy wrote:Chris,
I have had more spyware problems with Mozilla and Firefox than I care to think about.

I installed Kaspersky pro which pointed the finger at Mozilla every time.

I went back to IE, and haven't had a problem since.

I run spybot s&d, adaware, and Kaspersky everyday, and my system is clean. It wasn't when I was using Mozilla products.

That is just my personal experience, but it works for me.
A mate of mine runs Kaspersky with Firefox and Thunderbird and has been running with that config for nearly 2 years. He's had no problems.

I run Firefox/Thunderbird with NOD32 and have no problems. Most of the users on OcUK use Firefox and have no problems so without sounding harsh it must have been something with your system mate.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Your a harsh man CB! :lol: :lol:
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I'm another happy Firefox and Thunderbird customer. Lots of spyware/virus/popup troubles with IE6 and a few serious potential issues with Outlook so both were dumped and I havent had any probs since :smile: