Hello? hello somebody talk to me

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

Sean, good to talk with you for the min we had, sorry but my clever neighbour sliced through our cables. it's a sage at the moment as he has so far drained his water supply and has now to redrill his well. we have a temp fix to the internet at this time. not good enough to use flynet though.
i will try again once we have our cable replaced. when hopefully next week. :crying:

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

Good to talk with you too David. The trouble with neighbours is they always live next door :lol:

Regards

Sean

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

Well i have had time to investigate the problem, the neighbour must have cut my cable whilst using the 360 excavator. over here you can hire what ever you want no licence. there dangling mid height in the trench is my tv/internet/phone cable, with a new piece of cable spliced into both ends of the old cable.
the other half has told me that the phone company has to order a new undergroung cable and come back and replace the now broken one. :sad: so far the internet is holding up and the modem has not shut down :yipeee:
just to top of my wonderful weekend, just finished 14hr shift at 06.00 this morning. the pilock next door has the well drilling team here and there is one hell of a racket whilst they drill. one bonus it 's costing him $5000.00 to have the job done. :lol:
sean if you want to try voice connection again i'll look out to see if your around. MPA what a wonderful place, it's even better than the fueling jetty. had a nice time in fox bay, invited by the local to stay overnight, got smashed on whisky. they don't have measures.
not allowed to sail back to ship at night due to mine field/ plastic have moved and cover all the beaches. :partyman:

soggy
Comet
Comet

Post by soggy »

Hiya lads,

I have tried to connect to the ventrilo server, But i am running a newer version which i use when playing with my clan on battlefield2 and it appears it is not backward compatible.

Would love to be able to while away a long cruise with a good chat but it seems until the cbfs vent is upgraded to the latest version i won't be able to.

Sorry

Pete

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Pete,

It is possible to have more than one version on your PC. Just instal into a different location and create a shortcut for each version. You could call one 'Ventrilo Battlefield' and the other 'Ventrilo CBFS'. You might have to 'hide' the current version you have while you instal the older version and then bring it out from hiding afterwards.

Rgds

John

Bill Seiko
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Ventrilo

Post by Bill Seiko »

I have just downloaded and installed Ventrilo, now it seems I need a server address before I can start using it.
Does CBFS have a server address I could use please, pretty please.
I would be very grateful so I can try it out.

Bill
Bill

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Bill,

The Ventrilo server is a private server that the CBFS VA have the use of. As such the i.p. is not publicly available to anyone other than VA members.

Rgds

John

TomNocturnal
Meteor
Meteor

Post by TomNocturnal »

Who can I PM to get the Ventrilo Details? (I presume thats ok as im part of the CBFS VA)

Ands is there a channel in there for Developers!? :-({|= :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tom..

John (RAF Quantum) will leave a message on FlyNET for you (if he's not done so already) :wink:

Regards

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TomNocturnal
Meteor
Meteor

Post by TomNocturnal »

Cheers Dave/John!

Much appreciated!

Like Soggy, I use Ventrilo every night to talk to our BF2 clan -
So, even though im new here, it will be nice to get online and speak to some of you! (I give it 2 days before im banned: " TomNocturnal :- Banned due to asking too many questions about Gmax")