Court Line L1011's

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Court Line Flyer
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Court Line Flyer »

Interesting comments, guys. You only had to read the text on the link to see that I'd introduced the blue scheme myself. Court only ever operated the 4 schemes on their One Elevens, and just 2 on the Tristars, though it is written that the other lilac and green colours would have been applied to the Tristars if they'd have taken delivery of any more.

The files are not uploaded anywhere yet, mainly because they still need some tweaking and new white lines.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Karl
I know you had introdued the blue youself you said so in the text.....which is why when Toby mentioned he had only seen the other colours not the blue I pointed out it was fake and thats why he'd not see a blue Court.

The other references to blue is to the COURT/BMA livery which I did for the One-Eleven

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Karl

Not sure where you would have gotten the idea I didnt like your paints
actually the originals are very good - the what ifs are interesting -
the by play between Garry and I was totally aside - You see I, and
probably anyone whos been aorund here for a while know that Garry
has painted about every BAC1-11 scheme known - and is one of the
most knowledgeable sources of Classic British Aircraft information
available - we were joking about a particular 1-11 that Court operated
that was in a semi BMA colour scheme (Hence the blue reference).
But then you would have had to have been around Luton when Court was
in its hayday , otherwise you wouldnt have know. you know it really ruins a joke when you have to explain the punchline in single syllable words -
Now Karl if you really are the officiando of Court Line you can tell me
what type of aircraft and colour scheme they operated as a company hack??

Cheers

Leif

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

By the way, how do you like the Aerosim L1011?
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Court Line Flyer
Meteor
Meteor

I really like the Aerosim L1011, easy to fly, and I like the added functionality of the cockpit - it makes pre-flight prep a little more worth it! Its easy to get the characteristic nose up attitude on landing - in fact the only thing I don't like is that the wings don't flex, but then those old birds never did flex like the modern aircraft. I found some better RB211 sounds than those supplied with the package, but what I really miss (and its nothing to do with the model) is the cabin sound of the flaps cranking through the degrees! First time I heard it on G-BBAE I thought an engine was about to explode...

Now, on the subject of Court line, Garry, you won't have seen a One Eleven in this colour scheme! Court Line in the 21st century! I'm planning to apply it to the L1011, too.

http://forum.fsscreenshots.com/dcboard. ... 6298&page=

By the way, as well as being a Court Line nut, I also run Gibair VA (the old Gibraltar Airways which ultimately became GB Airways in the BA franchise today) so I'll be posting a few pics of a modern day Gibair VC-10, TRD2E & 3, VCV

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Karl

looked at your screenies of 21st Court - actually the progression in Colours seems very natural I really like the way you have them blended together which of course the original Court didnt....

Leif

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Karl

Interesting but on the right hand side the tail logo is back to front

That arrow logo is actually a centre forming a "C" it is the Clarksons "C" and should not be reversed on the right.

Look carefully at the logo on the left side and you will see that it is not an arrow but a letter "C"

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Court Line Flyer
Meteor
Meteor

I decided to change the orientaton of the logo - nowadays branding is ever more important so for the sake of what appears 'right' I switched it on the starboard side. Just like Finnair's livery with their reversed F, to me it flows better and I think to the travelling public today, they'd recognise the logo as an arrow pointing in the direction of travel - the fact that it was a stylised C would be lost on them!

Karl