Stats, Fleet Status, Route Enquiry and Type Ratings

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Ah that would account for yesterday's 7 Viscount flights then DB ! :smile:
I'm not an FSNAV user. I don't know how you keep on top of all the stuff you have. :lol:

Oh yes I remember reading that someone was asking someone else about something Dan. :lol: That would have been you then.
It will be interesting to know what ICAO say.

With the route stats, I don't think fuel bought is that good a piece of information. It can be misleading as it doesn't actually give any indication of how much fuel was loaded.
What I will do is have a look at putting a link from each route stat that can jump straight to the same line on the 'all flights' section.
And have a similar link going the other way.
That way you'd only be a click away from all the information.
I'll see if it works & get back.

DM
ImageImage

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Uhhh....now you're cookin' David!... :lol:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

:lol: Not the easiest thing to explain. :madhead:

I had another look at 'Route Stats' & 'All Flights By Day'.
There's too much data to display it all on both.

'Route stats' has all the data needed for fuel use, including averages that 'All flights by date' doesn't show.
'All flights by date' is really only there to complete the picture & show all the other data that's not got much statistical use.

'Fuel bought' is useless for fuel planning because each aircraft can have any amount of fuel already onboard. Sometimes you don't need to buy any so it's no use even as a rough guide.
Feel free to convince me otherwise, but 'Fuel used' & 'Average fuel flow' seem the only useful ones for Route stats. :think:

I have put on new links that jump between the matching records in 'All flights by date' and 'Route stats'.
So if you're looking at 'Route Stats' & have to know how much fuel Dave Maltby bought for G-BBME EGPF-EGBB, you can now click the Date link & the relevant 'All flights by date' record appears at the top of the page.
Same idea with 'All flights by date', click the link and the matching 'Route stats' record is top of the screen.

Well, it's there if anyone ever needs it. :wink:

DM
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yo DM/Dan

I'm not really sure why Dan want's 'fuel bought' either as it could, in many cases be irrelevant. I often book a flight and take on fuel with 2 or sometimes 3 flights in mind.. the Channel Islands run being a good example where I usually buy fuel for all 3 hops. Ultimately, block fuel and perhaps average fuel would seem to be the important figures :smile:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Yo Dave(s) :smile:

As I glanced over my own Fuel Bought, and compared it to fuel used, I saw a tendency to buy a little less fuel than I actually used, thus wearing slowly off the "reserve"....

And then I came up with that splendid idea :wink: .....well maybe not?....

Anyway, and to something completely different....

The link jumping to and forth is great David, thanks for that.

And this concludes my wishes for the stats.....

until further notice.... :smile:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

I still don't quite get the adjusted score thing...

could you please spell out the meaning of Adjusted score and Rating columns for me... :think:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Is there a stastic for "damage done to the virtual environment?" :worried: :lol: If there were, I think CBFS would surely top the list with our wonderfully fuel efficient, quiet, low polluting aircraft :lol:

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

:lol:
Just call it 100% Toby

Dan, the Adjusted Rating thing is
( SUM(Pilot Rating) / Flights ) + ( Flights / 16 )

As an example take your good self this month.
Add up all your % ratings : 95+100+95+100+100+100+100
= 690
Divide by the number of flight you've done : 690 / 7
= 98.57
98.57% is your average rating this month.

The adjustment simply adds some more to reflect the number of flights you've made. This extra is the number of flights divided by 16 (just because 16 felt right).
So 98.57 + 0.44 = 99.01

The idea of the adjusted score is just to give some significance to the number of flights made. It's not right to have Dave B ranked below someone who's only done 10 perfect flights. Dave's done 99 perfect flights although let's not forget that all important ONE. :lol:

I'm not a mathematician, so if anyone has a proper method of doing this kind of thing, please do let me know.

DM
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah yes.. the IMPORTANT one. I plan a flight, fly to the correct destination and realise I entered the incorrect ICOA at FlyNET. I'll never forget that Glasgow is EGPF.. and you can guess what the 'F' is for :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Thanks David...that cleared the horizon, I'm a sort of mathematician, but it seems right to me. The just-because-it-feels-right factor appeals to my education as a civil engineer :smile:

Dave: Might it be because you used the "ICOA" instead of the ICAO :think: :dunno: :lol:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image